Chapter Seven: Grave for Two

I stood before him, covered in mud, most likely looking like a swamp monster with a hunter knife. Theodore day before me, shaking in his underwear while trying to come of calm and fearless. Little does he know, I can smell the fear upon his skin- it smelt of sweat and piss with a hint of copper. "Riddle me this, Theo, why are men so intimidated so easily?" I questioned, my voice dry and low, certainly the original soul who owns this body wouldn't recognize the voice.

He swallows a limp in his throat to keep himself from crying for mercy unnecessarily. "If only you can tell why woman want to take charge all the time. Even though its past due to reinforce gender norms, but we all know most of these females here wouldn't survive a night out there."

I could on chuckle, he wasn't the first man I met that wanted to tear the female population down; abusers, womanizers, sexist, and rapist- all wrapped up in a world where men are the superior species while woman are just their toys. The thought fueled the rage inside me, my hand trembles as the feeling of the rusty handcuffs started to reappear. Perhaps they never disappeared in the first place, I was too busy trying to escape to even recognize the feeling of vulnerability and loss when they placed me in this chains. I never felt the urge to truly break free until I'm stuck in that type of situation.

Along with the invisible bonds on my wrist, I recalled Theodore groping me before being kicked down into the hole. The amusement and lust in his eyes only gave me more evidence that's he's a dirty fool that only takes and cause others to suffer. "A man of great evil will be smite by his own harsh doings." I mumbled, revising the words from an old book I've read in the past.

"What?" His heart paced faster than before, the smell of his fear burned my nostrils and made me gag. "What's your plan here? To threaten me? Hurt me? Let me just say if one hair is missing from my head, I will put a price on your head. I will hunt you down and-"

I didn't allow him to finish, grabbing a fistful of his hair and pressing the knife to his throat, I dragged the tyrant out and tossed his body onto the dirt at the campers feet. Just then Katherine and Henry was released from their own prison. The clicking of guns filled the air, along with the site of every automatic weapon pointing my way. I sighed heavily, but did not let go of the knife.

"Woah! Put down your weapons." Henry ordered, he pressed down on several wrist to start a chain reaction of weapons lowering. "Jupiter is no threat."

"What the hell of you call this? Shoot her!" No one listens, thank goodness, yet they looked confused upon my presence. Before anyone could question my appearance, Katherine carried me away as if I were a fragile baby that needed comfort- which I did, but did not show it.

Suddenly, a loud bang stops us from going any further, in the distance a defenseless tree received a crater as a bullet pierced the bark at lightening speed. A sharp deep scream echoed in the air as well as the site of blood trickled down Theo's neck with sharp white teeth puncturing his skin. Don pulled away with grimace, he let Theo motionless body fall to the dirt while licking the blood from his lips. "He's not dead." He assured. "Just passed out from shock."

*~*~*~*

I submerged myself in water, my ears covered as my face and legs still left exposed. The water was warm, freshly boiled over a fire and poured into the small tube, the mud was already down the drain and my skin clean with steam dancing along the almond colored surface. I heard thumbing, that deep and shallow nose sending waves in the water before a rush of cold air hits my legs and stirs me back into reality. I sit up, seeing Katherine with her back towards me, blushing from head to toe. "What's wrong?"