Chapter Eleven: Thicker than Blood

I gasped for air, my body throbbed and head spins rapidly to the point I want to throw up, yet I kept it in. I sat up on the edge of the bed, the room was still dark with a hint of dawn light, the sound of light snoring calmed me as life was near and I was no longer in that dull isolated place with Gavriila.

"Jupiter, you okay?" Donovan came to view, he dropped in front of me, cold pale hands fallen upon my knees to take in my trembling frame. The touch calmed my fast beating heart, my collapsed lungs, and twisting stomach.

"No." I whimpered. "Everything I've done in the past was to keep my world from ending, and I only end up in hell- no offense." I stood up, walking past the window towards the corner of the room where the mirror settled in purgatory. "Why didn't you all tell me Ilorian was the demon high king?" It was naive of me to forget about the evil being in those gates, yet I had hope it was Lilith who slipped out, not the both of them.

"Katherine was worried you would..." He couldn't finish, I can feel the guilt in my chest, our connection seemed to have grew bigger- the dark cloud started to form into a storm, shaking my insides and fluttering the soul I had left. It was different from how I felt with Lucas, it was wrong but also right and needed."You'll get home, Jupiter, I'll make sure of it."

"I need to be alone." I whispered before marching out the room, silently closing the door behind me and pressed my back against the wall. It's funny, I'm already afraid of a man that I never met, if the stories are true- the torment and ruining he brought to the world has struck fear into me.

Ilorian... the fallen angel who brought down the devil, the same man who ruled hell beside Lucifer and ruined lives without a care in the world. My biological father, the man who raped my mother to have a key to open the gates of Hell and other woman at that. I huffed to push that fear down and walked down the short hall to the other bedroom.

I pushed it open, immediately taking in my reflection. I was still in this body, long hair, thin frame, strong face, and eyes that can tell a traumatic story. I walked further inside, immediately grabbing the silver scissors upon the dresser and cut a chunk of the dry hair, having the strains fall just above the jawline. I continued with the cut all around, uneven and still dry but the split ends are gone.

"Wow, I was always told changing a hairstyle would make people look different, but I never seen it myself in a very long time."

I watched Katherine walk in through the mirror, she tipped toed, still tired but Donovan must of woken her up to help me- but I don't need help or a talk, I need to be alone. "Just go back to sleep Katherine, I'm fine."

She taps her right temple and chuckled. "You've forgotten you gave me entry to your mind, I can easily read your thoughts."

"I would really like it if you don't read my mind every chance you get." Setting the scissors down on the dresser, I scooped up as much hair from the floor and dumped it into the trash.

"Okay, I'll respect that. But I'm just going to comment on a certain thought on your mind. I didn't tell you because when the Jupiter from this world found out, she was devastated and on the verge of depression. When he was released from hell in Rome, she did not die then and there. Jupiter saw him take Lucas body and slaughter the family, after it all, she killed herself. I was afraid if you found out..." Her lips trembled as tears streamed down her cheek.

The Jupiter she knew that was the only family she had and there's no doubt Katherine found her. "I don't need a hug, I'm fine." Quickly wiping her tears away, Katherine sniffed back her emotions.

I chuckled lightly and nod my head in understanding. "Lucas is... possessed. I know he's not my Lucas but it's still painful to hear. I don't think I can face him, in that state, I can't..." I took in a deep breath to stop myself from weeping like a kid. "Gavriila came to me last night, she predicted that we're all going to be a happy family like the crazy bitch she is. They're going to try to keep me in this world, I can't have that happen. Can I ask you a favor?"