Chapter Sixteen: The Price One Pays for Respect

Theodore alive and still cocky after being alone in defending himself, stood before us while eating a fresh plum, a smirk upon his face and eyes locked in mine. "Surprised?"

"You can say that." I sighed heavily. "But I am impressed, how long did it take you to escape? A day? Two?"

"A day and some killing of demons that lurked around, but I'm here. So, you have a problem, a lycan dying from the lovers poison and no powerful warlock around to assist." Taking another bite out of the fruit, he smacked his lips out of ignorance and self-humor. "First of all, what's with Shere Khan in the hallway?"

"Is that a jungle book joke?" Ozymandias questioned, shocking all of us with his modern mind. "What? I'm old, not clueless with time. However, I do not know who you are, it seems you provide a great threat- so, Jupiter, give the word, I'll bite his face off." He growled, obviously still fired up from the fight and ready to get a another piece of blood on his sharp teeth.

Theodore's fear appeared with a flash in his eyes. "Did that thing just talk?"

"Not the damn priority right now. Tell us what you want." Owen growled, he too on the verge of biting Theodore's face off.

The cocky son of a bitch only scoffed lightly while taking another bite of the plum. "I want my community back."

"They were never your community in the first place, besides it's not up to me if they're going to trust you again." I stated while stepping forward, I wanted to strangle him to death for all the shit he put me through; in this world and another, but I kept my composure. "Perhaps if you heal the lycan, we'll tell you where they are."

"Jupiter Wallace, are you threatening me now?" He stood his ground, looming over me with his extra inch of height, his smirk grew bigger as if a fight is what he actually wanted.

"It's Jupiter Maynor now, and I don't do threats, I make promises. I promise I'll slice your throat with a butter knife if you don't heal him, and if you fuck up, then I'll make sure Ozymandias bites your dick off."

"That's the thing love, the healing spell is a little complicated and there's no guarantee he will survive." Taking one last bite of the plum, he tossed the seed over his shoulder, the silence between us made the thud sound like a bomb shell colliding with a village.

Suddenly, I stepped forward, my hand wrapped around his ruined shirt as I pushed him into the wall, all while my free palm was being filled- the familiarity of old bone molding under my touch. I looked down, gasping at the site, Cain's blade appearing out of no where as if I summoned the damn thing. "What the-"

"The mark of Cain, I see you crossed the line of no return." Theodore managed to get out of my firm hold and create more of a distance between us. "You have already managed to summon it so easily."

"What?! I didn't summon anything." I barked, the blade vibrate in my palm as the dark cloud grew bigger inside my chest. Taking a deep breath, I pictured Lucas standing in front of me wearing one of his boyish smiled, his forest green eyes lighting up, and cheeks holding a hint of pink; the thought of him alone pushed the darkness away. Holding the blade tight, I glared at the asshole who was too busy examining the craftsmanship of the ancient weapon. "If you can at least try to save him, I will take you to the camp myself."

Theodore tilts his head to one side and then another while making up his mind on whether to go along with the plan or not. "Fine." He smirked further. "Show me the way dog, I'm pretty sure the lad doesn't have much time to live."

Owen growled, his skin morphed into a grayish hue, his lycan was on the verge of coming out. I placed a hand on his chiseled chest, felt his heart hammering against his sternum- immediately bringing Owen back to his humane self. Without a word, the alpha storms out the house, Theo behind him; stuck between a raging lycan, a shape shifting being, and a witch wielding the blade of Cain. The march to the tent was a risky one, all the lycan saw me as an enemy that must be torn down before any of their people fell victim to an attack. I couldn't blame them, I poisoned one of their friends- even though I wasn't the one to initiate the violence.