Chapter Eight: Sisterhood of the Traveling Dream

It was sunny; the light warmed my skin and blinded my gaze for a quick second before giving me mercy. The wind brushed against me, causing my spine to shiver and body jerk as if suddenly waking up with a cold bath. The area filled with grass and flowers, hedges made several paths as if forming into a maze, a large water fountain of Roman god Jupiter settled in the middle of daisies. The ground was soft beneath my bare feet, and my body felt weak and small, skin the color of ivory with a hint pink on my toes, hair jet black and long- covering my breast. I pinched the soft texture of strains, smelt the strawberry oil scent in the locks, and sighed heavily from the fact I felt happy.

'You can't catch me.' A woman sung, dead leaves snapped under heavyweight and fast movements. A whisk of light brown hair flowed with the wind as the figure stopped just an inch from the fountain, catching themself from falling into the water. The woman was tall, slim, smiled brightly as her eyes were the unbelievable color of electric blue.

'No fair.' Another whined, finally catching up with the other. Her hair, the color of polished gold, skin holding a hint of peach, she was short and thick, as her eyes held the same shade of her friend's electric blue- only it was lighter and not as intense. 'You used your powers.'

The other only smirked deviously before lifting her bare feet upon the gray stone of the fountain, easily balancing herself on the slim edge while raising her hands to the sky in a light stretch. 'Why must you sneak around the bush, brother?'

Suddenly, a tall figure stepped out from behind one of the hedges, and he too held electric blue eyes and hair the color of polish gold. He was built, strong, confident as he wore a red military uniform with pendants showing his efficient ranks. 'I am only examining the weaker sex.'

Both women scoffed, eyes rolled as if mirroring one another. 'Only being that's weak is you, my good man.' The blonde voiced while copying the other woman, balancing herself on edge and giggling from how close she came from falling into the murky water. 'You are outnumbered- three against one.'

Her words pulled me forward; it seems I was hiding behind my visible wall. The body was timid, young, certainly kept herself hidden from their intense gazes. The man laughed and shook his head in disbelief. 'More like two against one. Charlene is far too innocent of lifting a finger.'

'No one is innocent, not even the timidest person in the world.' The first woman spoke out, hopped off the fountain, and stride her way towards me, and her eyes scanned this form as her skinny hands caress my cheek. 'I know you're in there, Jupiter. Our connection runs deep; we're sister after all.'

'Gavriila.' It was a statement than a question. My mind became cloudy with anger, and I wanted to latch out, punch, scream, spill my magic, and use it to kill her again. However, I tried to reach deep inside me for a strain of power, my chest caves in- leaving me breathless and weaker.

I blinked twice, the world around was dull with a hint of the sun but not enough to call it a sunny day. The land full of dirt and thick trees, the sound of loud motors running in the background as people walked back and forth from trucks and a pile of bags. A dream... day-dream to be specific, yet it felt so real as if Gavriila was standing in front of me now- touching my cheek and smiling like a fool. She's dead, Jupiter, you killed her...