{Nine} ~ After School Activities

This time Gerard insisted "without argument" that he'd walk me home today. I didn't want to start anything else today because of what happened in second period, so I just let him.

When we got to my locker, Gerard lead me out the back way instead of the main entrance where people are supposed to exit. I looked up at him confused as we continued walking to the gymnasium doors.

"Why this way?" I finally asked, curiosity getting the best of me. Gerard smirked as he held the door open for me.

"What? Did you think we were going straight home?" He replied in a fake 'isn't it obvious' tone. I still was unclear what he meant until I saw the rest of the gang out by the bleachers. Is it alright to call them a gang? I mean, they pretty much are. Maybe more of a cult...

"What took ya so long Geebear?" Frank asked as he took a drag from the cig between his lips. He must've gotten one from another one of the guys.

"I waited for y/n at her locker." He shrugged, patting his back and front pockets for something. "And never call me that."

Gerard looked confused until his eyes landed upon me. "Mind if I grab something from my jacket Sugar?" He asked, unzipping the leather. Gerard reached into the inside pocket of his jacket and grabbed something. His hand briefly slid across my torso, the new warmth making me blush once again. Why does this man make me blush so god damn much?

I watched as Gerard flipped the carton of cigs open that he just pulled from his jacket. He pulled out a stick and set it between his lips. Ray tossed him a lighter in which he caught with one hand. Creating a shield from the wind, Gerard struck the lighter and lit the end of his cancer stick. He tossed the source of fire back to Ray and took the cig between two of his fingers to exhale.

The way he tilted his head back showed how much he enjoyed the feeling he gets from smoking. His eyes shut, taking in the buzz while bliss coated his face. As the cig replanted itself between his lips, Gerard opened his eyes back up and looked down at me.

"Want one?" He asked, wiggling the box between his fingers. I shook my head, "Not a smoker?" I shook my head once again.

"They'll kill ya you know?" I told him but a bit quieter. Gerard laughed, taking another drag.

"I'm here for a good time, not a long one."

A silence fell over the group seeing everyone was preoccupied by something other than a conversation. Not knowing what else to do, I figured I'd just pull out my phone and scroll through whatever social media I was drawn to.

A cold breeze blew from under the bleachers, taking me by surprise. I hadn't really taken a count how cold it currently was. Even with Gerard's jacket on I was freezing. How is that possible? And how is he not cold?

"Aren't you cold?" I questioned, looking to see if he had goosebumps. He surprisingly didn't.

"Not at all. You look cold though." Gerard notices my slight scattered shivers. I nodded my head a bit to answer. Gee smirked and shook his head before scooting closer to me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and rubbed his hand up and down my arm to create friction through the jacket. Hesitantly, I let myself lean against him to take in the warmth radiating through his cotton tee.

I was hoping that he would just take me home since I was cold, but Gerard seemed to like this option better. I was enjoying the warmth from him but I still felt awkward like this. Gerard on the other hand seemed to be enjoying everything about this little interaction.

"Anyone up for getting into a bit of trouble?" Frank asked giddily. Trouble? What does he mean by that?

"Elaborate." Mikey spoke without looking up from his novel.

"Well it's four now, Rem's group is usually behind the Walmart by now. Bert and his psychos are probably already at the bar. Fucking alcoholics."

"You've got no room to talk Frankie." Gerard chuckled. Frank pouted,

"You can call me Frankie but I can't call you GeeBear?" The small boy whined. I held back a giggle.

"Two different vibes to the names Frankie." He argued. Frank tolled his eyes but continued with the conversation.

"So, where we heading?"

Gerard debated it for a minute, "Mess with Rem. Things are more likely to go south with Bert's group, especially if they're already drinking. Y/n doesn't need to see that yet." He looked down at me. He must've picked up on my unsure feeling. "You'll be fine hun. Promise."

A part of me wanted him to pinkie promise me again as childish as it sounds. It makes me remember that he does have a softer side to him. But most likely I wouldn't see that side of him around the rest of the guys. He has a reputation with them, ya know?

"If you insist."