{Twenty Two} ~ Boy Friends and Kisses and Grandparents Oh My!

"I wanna meet your grandparents." Gerard told me as he dangled off the bleachers. "Maybe tomorrow night."

I looked at him wearily. "I don't know about that Gerard." 

Gerard sat up straight and looked at me confused, "Why not?" He asked.

"There are a few..... complications to it." I knew he wouldn't understand, or wouldn't be happy with said complications. I don't want to hurt his feelings. 

"And what might those be?" 

"Well for starters, they do bingo nights on Wednesdays." I told him. He looked at me, waiting for me to continue, "And um... well, you see-"

"Just tell me y/n." Gerard looked a little impatient.

"Promise not to get hurt over what I'm about to say?" I asked. Gerard stuck out his pinkie, something he always does whenever him or I promises something. After I locked mine with his, I continued, "People like you are the reason we moved."

"People like me? What's that supposed to mean?" He didn't sound mad or offended, just confused. 

"Punks." I clarified. Gerard replied with a silent 'oh' and nod of his head. 

"You never told me specifically why you moved." His voice softened while sounding intrigued. 

I raised an eyebrow, "You really want to know?"

Gerard nodded, "Yeah, I do."

With a sigh, I began to explain "Where I used to live, I would get bullied. A lot. My grandparents would point out new bruises every day whether they were on my face, arms or any where you could imagine. They got fed up with it and decided we moved to prevent it from happening again. They refuse to let me be around people 'like them', so if they see.. well, you know..."

"That your boyfriend is a punk?"

Wait.... huh? Boyfriend? When did this term come up? Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy. Gerard seemed to pick up on what I was thinking because he froze, "Uh, I just... um...I didn't mean to use that term...."

I wanted him to be my boyfriend, yes. We have been 'together' since I moved here about two weeks ago. We've gone on dates and such, but he never officially asked me to be his girlfriend. I don't know how to tell him that I want to make it 'official' though. "Well... I wouldn't....I um... that term- well,"

"Are you trying to say something without saying it?" Gerard asked, picking up on my struggle to touch on the subject. I nodded, feeling defeated by my own words, "Are you trying to hint that you don't want to be my girlfriend?" His voice seemed saddened. I shook my head, "The opposite?"

"Y-Yeah." I replied shyly. Gerard smirked as he tilted my head to look directly at him.

"Are you trying to tell me that you want me to ask you to be my girlfriend?" Gerard looked at me with a flirtatious smile. I nodded my head, "Words baby girl." It always annoys him when I don't respond to him verbally. He's been trying his best to break me out of my shell, and it's been working for the most part. I just still revert to being shy in moments like these. 

"Yes." I managed to say without stuttering. 

"Well y/n, would you like to be my girlfriend?" Gerard asked, leaning closer to me. I tried to kiss him but he held a finger to my lips, "Ah ah ah. Answer my question. And no one word answers."

Fucking prick, "I'd love to be your girlfriend." The sentence flowed through my lips easier than I thought it would. Gerard smiled as he brought his lips to mine. He gently brushed his hands through my hair as I tangled my hands in his. One of my hands dropped to his waist as he began pushing me to lay on the bench. 

We haven't...well, you know, yet. We've been close, but every time I've stopped it from getting too anxious. We haven't even been together all that long either, so that's another reason I stopped it.

I didn't think Gerard was going to try and take me on the bleachers at school during late January. Now that just isn't classy, especially for my first time. But when his hands began traveling I realized that I shouldn't put that past him. "Gee, no." I shook my head, but tried to keep a playful expression. 

"Really? You don't want me to take your virginity on the school's bleachers?" He asked obviously joking. As if on cue, the bell signalling the end of seventh period. Gee climbed off of me and held his hand out. I gratefully took it and let him pull me up off the bleacher bench. "You know that I'm not gonna do anything without your consent, right?"

"I know Gee." I looked up at him, feeling a breeze blow by us. I grabbed the sleeve of his jacket and pulled his arm around me, making him chuckle and hold me tight as we walked.

"Just making sure." He rubbed my arm, "We never finished our conversation from earlier. About your grandparents."

"I don't know Gee." I told him, feeling like I'm at a roadblock. 

"You can't hide me from them forever ya know?" 

"And I don't want to." An idea came to mind almost instantly. I perked up and looked at him hopefully. "I have an idea!"

"My Chemical Romance?"

"No Gee, that's your idea." I scolded him. He chuckled, "What if I 'de-punk' you?"

"Pardon?" Gerard raised a brow, "You're gonna do what to me now?"

"Nothing too extreme. And only for the night. Cover up your scars and scratches, dress you up nice, comb your hair back." 

"This sounds painful." Gerard looked unsure.

"Do you wanna meet them or not?"

"Okay, okay. But only for one night, right?" He still seemed skeptic.

"Gradually we'll let you be more punk around them. I'm just afraid that putting all of you on them at once might literally give them a heart attack. They are very Christian." I explained to him. As we entered the school, the sound of noisy teens surrounded us. 

"Oh joy." Gerard held up jazz hands but was blatantly sarcastic. I playfully rolled my eyes at him and stepped aside to let him open my locker. I don't flinch as much when he pounds his fist against it anymore, but if I'm not paying attention it'll still get me. 

"It'll be fine Gee. I promise." I gave him a quick peck on the cheek before I grabbed my stuff for last period. 

"Do we have to go to eighth block?" Gerard whined, leaning against the locker besides mine. 

"Yes, Gerard we do." 

"Can't we skip? Please?" He begged. Rolling my eyes, I shut my locker.

"We skipped yesterday baby. I don't know about you but I want to pass this year." I brushed my hand against his cheek. Gerard sighed and kicked at the ground being the child he is.

"Fine." He mumbled, putting his arm back around me to walk me to class per usual. "You're coming over after school."

"Oh am I?" 

"Yes," Gerard stopped to look at me, "You are. We're gonna listen to music, cuddle, maybe go out."

"You're forgetting something." I told him, wearing a smirk, "Something that involves our lips."

"Yeah? And what might that be?" Gerard leaned in closer to me.

"Eat food, what else would that be?" I told him sounding one-hundred percent serious.

"I hate you." He mumbled. 

"You don't get to kiss someone you hate." 

"I take it back." Gerard was quick to counter himself. We stopped in front of my Drama class. "I'll see you after class Sugar."

"I'll see you then." I smiled, waiting for him to kiss me, our parting routine. Gerard dipped his head to plant a loving kiss on my lips and rested his hands on my hips. He broke off the kiss with a smile. "Bye Gee."

"Bye y/n."