A Little Less {Sixteen} Candles A Little More Touch Me

"Hey Sugar?" Gerard asked me as we drove to school. I put down my phone and looked up at him,

"Yeah?" 

Gerard looked like he was about to say something but wouldn't let the words come out, "Never mind." He shook his head. 

"No, what is it?" I asked. Mikey had spent the night at Ray's so it was just the two of us in his car. Gerard kept his eyes on the road while continuing to shake his head.

"It's nothing. A stupid thought, that's all." He sounded almost mad at himself for even thinking about the question.

"You sure?" I was hoping he'd look over at me so I could read his emotions better, but he didn't.

"Positive." He nodded once slowly. I mumbled an "alright." and turned back to face the road as well. What was that about?

Gerard's POV

I really wanted to ask her, but I'm pretty sure I already knew the answer. It's Friday and the guys and I usually go to the local dive bar a few minutes away from my place. We hop on our bikes and ride there and have a good time. I wanted to ask y/n is she wanted to join us, but I know that it isn't her kind of scene. 

Knowing her, she'd say yes so that she wouldn't sound mean but deep down she wouldn't want to. I want to ask her out but I'm afraid that she'd do the same with that. I mean, come on. I scared the shit out of her the first time we ever spoke. I literally threatened her, then called her pretty. 

Let's just say that I'm not the best when it comes to first impressions. I'm lucky that she even tolerates me. It may be because I scared her so bad. Maybe she thinks I'll hurt her if she doesn't go along with me? God I hope not.

When we parked the car, I looked over at her and took a deep breath. She was on her phone so she didn't necessarily see me looking at her. God she's adorable. The way she tucks her h/c locks behind her ear when she's nervous. The way she blushes when I say something flirty. Everything about her is perfect. Eve-ry-thing. 

She turned off her phone and looked up at me. Her face instantly became dusted with a pink blush when she noticed me staring at her, "W-What?" Y/n looked down and let her hair cover her face. I reached over to tucked the fallen hair behind her ear so I could see her again. Deciding to be cheeky, I tilted her head to look at me. The blush was still evident on her face, making her cuteness go ten-fold.

I leaned in closer to her and left a soft kiss on her cheek. I could literally feel the heat radiating from her face as my lips made contact with her skin. I knew she was still a little hesitant when it came to me actually kissing her, so I left it at the occasional cheek or forehead peck. But this time it lasted a bit longer than a peck. I let my lips linger on her soft blush dusted cheek for about five seconds before pulling back.

Y/n obviously still isn't used to this kind of affection seeing that her eyes were slightly widened and the blush increased to a darker red. It was a nice contrast to her skin tone, and made her eyes look even prettier.

"Let's go Sugar." I patted her leg before returning to my side and getting out of the car. I walked over to her side and held her hand as she stood up from the seat. My arm found it's way to it's usual spot around her waist as I walked close to her. 

When we began walking down the hall, I noticed y/n keeping her head down as she does every day. I wish she wouldn't, she's so beautiful. I don't understand why she feels the need to hide herself everywhere we go. "Chin up a bit Sugar." I used my free hand to tilt her head up. She looked up at me with her usual soft look that always makes my heart melt instantly. "Not that up." I joked. Something in her eyes made them look lost, "Everything alright Sugar?"

"Y-Yeah. Just a little tired." She replied and let her head rest against me lightly. I rubbed her side gently,

"I got something that'll wake you up." I reached into the inside pocket of my jacket to peak out a matte flask. Her eyes went wide and she pushed my jacket against my side. I couldn't help but chuckle at her paranoia.

"Gerard!" She whispered, "You'll get in trouble." I don't think she noticed, but her hand remained pressed against my torso. I wasn't gonna make it obvious that I knew cause then she'd remove it, but I kinda liked it. Y/n almost never touches me, so it was nice. I don't mean touch as in sexually, but she usually just keeps her hands in her pockets or folded. 

"Don't you worry about that Sugar." I assured her, "Gerard doesn't get in trouble."

"That's a fallacy." Frank came up behind me and slung an arm around my neck. 

"Okay, we don't count that." I shut him down. Y/n looked up at me confused. God I really don't want her to know about this. I'd tell her anything else, but this. 

"Oh but we do." Ray joined us walking down the hall. We stopped at y/n's locker and I punched it open for her seeing she always has trouble with it. I felt her flinch from the noise, cute.

"Hey, how about this? You guys shut the fuck up before I piss in your cheerios." I threatened. Y/n seemed amused, but still curious. I gave the guys a look portraying how much I didn't want her to find out about this. But Frank didn't seem to care.

"Let's just say Gerard here was caught having a little fun with Becca in the janitor's closet." Frank snorted. Oh boy if looks could kill Frank would be deader than dead. I looked over at y/n to see her reaction. She still looked confused for a minute before realization of what Frank said sat in. She looked at me in disbelief and...hurt? No way she can feel hurt about this, can she?

"I uh... I-I should g-get to homeroom." Y/n muttered before shutting her locker and turning away.

"Wait y/n, let me walk you." I offered, but she shook her head.

"It's fine." Y/n turned back around to keep walking. Oh Frank is fuckin dead.

Y/n's POV

As I realized what Frank meant, I wasn't exactly sure how to feel. Gerard got caught having sex with Becca in the fucking janitor's closet? Jesus fucking Christ! So is that really the kind of guy he is? Were my earlier suspicions true? Is he just trying to get in my pants? 

I almost got to homeroom before I felt a hand on my shoulder. I had a feeling it was Gerard, and my intuition was correct. "I'm not letting this happen again."

"What?" I asked confused. Let what happen again?

"I'm not letting you walk away from me again. I'm going to explain myself to you, alright?" Gerard looked at me seriously. The bell for first period rang and kids began filing out of class. I was about to protest but Gerard shut me down, "You're skipping and you're walking with me, okay?" 

"Gerard I'll get in tro-"

"No argument." He shook his head. Gerard was really serious about explaining himself to me. I sighed as I set my stuff down outside of the classroom.

"Okay."