{Fifteen} ~ Apologies

Gerard's POV

I feel bad for pissing y/n off, I really do. But I didn't know about her mom or about Tyler. What I was most shocked about (and still am holy shit) was how she yelled. Like actually yelled. I've never even heard that girl talk loud enough to be a normal speaking level, let alone yell.

I didn't think she had the balls to raise her voice. Whenever I piss her off she just gets all cold shoulder on me, but no, she yelled. I had to have done something else to piss her off. There's no way that just that was enough to set her off.

"Mikeyyyy help me." I called to my brother as I dangled my body off the couch.

"With?" He asked, flipping through channels on the television.

"Y/n you dumb shit."

"That's your first problem buddy. Be a bit nicer. Less hot headed." Mikey finally looked over at me. His beanie was falling off the back of his head and his glasses were crooked. Fuckin' nerd.

"I didn't ask you to point out my flaws Mikes, I need help apologizing to her." I elaborated. Mikey sighed,

"Exactly. You can get her to forgive you but this is going to happen again if you aren't patient with her. We shy people need a bit of extra care and time, and you know this. You've had to put up with me through the years."

"Yeah, yeah I know." I leaned back, forgetting that I was already falling off the sofa causing me to plummet onto the hardwood floor. "Ow."

"But I've got to admit, I'm impressed."

I raised a brow at my younger brother, "At?"

"That shy little girl flipped her lid on you." Mikey chuckled.

Glaring at Mikey, I picked up a pillow and chucked it at him, "Fuck off this isn't funny. What do I do to make her not hate me?"

"First you have to know what you did,"

"I already know." I crossed my arms at him,

"Do you really?" He asked, pushing his glasses back onto his face.

I pouted, "Not really."

"Exactly." Mikey nodded his head, "But I do."

"You do?!" I jumped up and ran over to him, "How?!"

"I've been texting her." He shrugged. Dear God if he wasn't my brother I would've smacked him into next week.

"AND YOU DIDN'T FUCKING TELL ME!?"

"You didn't ask."

"MICHAEL!"

"Hot. Head." Mikey wasn't afraid of me because he knew that I could never hurt him. I huffed and sat down,

"Mikey please tell me. I need to make things better between y/n and I." I was border line begging and I fucking hated it. Not having power kills me.

"Only if you promise to be patient with her, she's trying." Mikey made me promise. Once I agreed, he began, "Well for starters, she obviously got defensive over Tyler seeing that they have a long platonic history. And then there's the thing with her mom but that part isn't your fault and shes not mad at you for that. Lastly is the whole possessive thing. Y/n fucking hates being treated liked property because that's how the people at CPS treated her."

I stared at him with wide eyes, then face palmed, "I'm a fucking idiot."

"Yeah, yeah you are."

"Mikey, you're supposed to tell me I'm not an idiot." I whined.

"Just telling you the truth big brother." He patted my knee and flashed an innocent smile. "Lucky for you, she isn't too too mad at you. Just a little pissed about the Tyler and possessive thing. But she said that she can't be mad about the possessive thing since you didn't know."

"Really?" I asked hopefully.

"Girls like y/n don't stay mad for long. They just need time to blow off steam. Don't approach her right away, but definitely text her or something just to let her know that you're sorry. Then maybe later tonight go over to her house and talk to her so that way you guys are good in the morning."

I thought about it for a minute. Mikey is absolutely right about this. How is he so good when it comes to giving advice, "My brother is a fucking genius."

Mikey shrugged, "I try."

~^~^~^~

Y/n's POV

I never could fall asleep. A part of me felt guilty for blowing up on Gerard. But he still deserved it, I think? God why do I have to be so passive?

Gerard only texted me once more after I shut off my phone. It was just another text saying how sorry he was and that I have every right to be mad at him. The text only mad me feel worse about being mad. I never can stay mad at someone for long and it sucks. I'm also really bad at giving people the silent treatment despite how quiet I am.

Laying in bed I looked at the clock. The neon red numbers read seven twenty-four, providing a slight crimson glow to the area. I had debated getting up, but a few knocks on the front door got me on my feet.

I opened the front door to see Gerard standing there with something held behind his back. A nervous smile graced his face as a strand of hair dangled between his eyes. "Hey y/n." He greeted me awkwardly.

"Hey Gee." I waved, reciprocating the awkwardness.

"Is it alright if I come in?" He asked. I nodded and stepped out of the way. We stood silently in my front room until Gerard broke the tension, "I know I already texted you apologizing but I wanted to let you blow off some steam before I came to talk to you." He started. Quite the smart move on his behalf, props. "I'm seriously, really really sorry y/n. I didn't know about your relationship with Tyler or about your mom and Mikey told me about the whole possessive thing and....I'm just really sorry I upset you."

Gerard shifted his weight from one leg to another and finally showed me what he had behind his back. A teddy bear? "My peace offering." He held the stuffed bear out to me. The bear had dark brown fur and was decorated with a purple bow tie made of ribbon.

A small smile and blush grazed my face as I accepted the bear from Gerard. Immediately, relief was visible on his face as a similar smile presented itself upon his features. The bear just might have been the softest thing I've ever felt.

Once again I began feeling guilty for yelling at Gerard, "I'm sorry for yelling at you Gee."

"No, you aren't allow to apologize." Gerard said sternly, "You have literally nothing to apologize for."

"But I overreacted."

"No, I did. You guilt yourself into apology even though you did nothing wrong." Gerard stepped closer to me and held my wrists. "You've gotta stop apologizing for things that aren't your fault."

I looked down, "Sorry," I said out of habit. Gerard sighed,

"We'll work on it." He shook his head. Gerard then wrapped both his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I was nothing less than confused and taken aback by the gesture. "If you're ever sad, I know I'm not Tyler but you can talk to me. Okay?"

So that's what this is about. He feels bad about the mom thing. I knew it would get brought up in conversation but I didn't think it would like this.

"O-Okay." I awkwardly wrapped my arms back around him. The hug didn't feel awkward, just the way and circumstance it was presented. Gerard doesn't seem like the kinda guy that'd hug you and tell you that you can talk to him about your crack addict mom. Don't get me wrong, I really did enjoy the hug especially after the mixed emotions I'd been feeling. It just seemed... out of place.

Gerard must've realized his shift in character because he swiftly let go of me, "Hey uh, can you not bring this up in front of the guy?"

I smirked playfully at him, "What? You don't want them to know that the inferior punk boy had a soft side?" Having this kind of power made me feel little tingles shoot down my skin.

"Only for you Sugar." Gerard winked. I stuck out my pinky,

"Promise?" I hoped he would reciprocate his actions from the other day. Gerard smiled as he linked his pinky with mine.

"Promise."