Part 8

Published: May 09, 2019-April 17, 2020

As the party progress, Nicole and Katelyn's knowledge of the family of Tess also increased. Tess introduced them to her parents and grandmother and even to her eldest brother, Byron, who is a lawyer and her older sister Brenda, a model.

Katelyn noticed that Tess's relationship with her older brother seems very close, but with her sister, well, it looks like something was amiss maybe because of the difference in their personality.

The disdainful expression of Tess's older sister towards them during introduction gives way to her being a snob, which is opposite to that of Tess being humble.

They also found out that her father owns a modeling agency, and most of the visitors are people from the fashion industries who are around the age of her father...of course to the dismay of Nicole. If ever there are younger ones, their partners are also with them.

Looking around, Katelyn was able to appreciate Jared's effort to have those stylists done their best to transform her. It is because most of the visitors dressed elegantly.

She thought that Jared's ability to foresee future mishap was genuinely remarkable because if she insisted on wearing her style, she would look out of place in this party. No wonder that he is a dangerous opponent in business, and her admiration of him increased.

"But wait a minute, when did she begin to admire him? As far as she knows, she is afraid of him, but no...just intimidated, yes, that's the right word. But what is happening to her now, arguing with herself again? Her behavior is not a good indication," she shakes her head to erase those thoughts. To divert her mind, she looked at her dress and then to the women around her.

At least the efforts of those stylists were not wasted. They dressed her in two inches above the knee, pink pastel chiffon in silhouettes, and let her wore dainty shoes that emphasize her rarely seen gorgeous legs.

Jared gave her a set of diamonds before they left their apartment in which only the earrings she took. To put it all will be too flashy, and to catch anyone's attention was not on her agenda, or else someone will question its authenticity. Even though how cautious she was still, it did not escape the scrutiny of other people.

Nicole was one of them, but good thing her lies or Nicole's knowledge of pieces of jewelry were limited. Hence she believed that it was moissanite.

Sometimes she did wonder how many made up stories that she has to create before the two years done. It made her sad to lie to her new friends, but what can she do? She can only keep her life circumstances.

"Hello! Katelyn, "a startled Katelyn turned around and saw the familiar face of James grinning at her.

"Hello! James, it's a surprise to see you here," she took the hand he raised and shook it," are you and Tess kind of..."

"Our parents were friends since young, so we kind of become family friends, "he explained while he followed her to the table where Nicole and Tess, who's talking to Dr. Clyde Miller, sat down.

Upon seeing James, Nicole immediately stood up and walked towards them.

"Hi, James, it's nice to see you here," Nicole greeted while shaking James's hands. She then pulled her aside while James continues to walk in their table to greet Tess and Clyde.

"So, did you already call your grandmother?" Katelyn nods for an answer, and so Nicole continued to ask her, "Was it okay with her that you will go out with us in the nightclub?"

"Yes, as long as I will not go home drunk."

"That's cool...I also don't drink much if I am out in a club, I'm cautious too," Nicole laughed as she told her and then they started walking back to their table.