Part 12

Published June 28, 2019----Sept. 30, 2020

Jared walked towards her while pushing wheeled luggage with a duffel bag on top of it and looking so handsome in a navy blue chino pants, worn together with a white dress shirt.

"She likes it when he wears casual clothes as he looked dapper on it. Isn't she a lucky girl to be married to him?" She thought while stifling a giggle.

"Tori, why are you still sitting here?" Katelyn was surprised to see Jared's face in front of her. "Did he again hear her giggling?" She asked herself while trying to survey his facial expression of any hints that he does.

"Is something wrong?" concerned etched on his face as he asked.

"Thank God! His question answers hers."

She blinked her eyes and answered. "Nothing, I thought if I brought all the things I needed in the two nights that we are not here," she fabricated.

"We need to get going now as I will still have a lunch meeting, and it's an hour's drive," Jared told her while he straightened himself and took their baggage.

"So, she was right to think the reason he will be going to the resort was that he has a business meeting there. What to expect on a workaholic? To sit down on the beach, relax, and count the bikini-clad women? Of course, he will not waste his time doing that; they will besiege him."

She was the one who made it a big deal that he asked her to the resort and thought that she could finally have him to herself.

They will walk in a sandy shore holding hands, have a spa for couples, candlelit dinner with waves as background music, and simply relax under a shade. But all those were just dreams and besides she was not even sure if it's a beach or a mountain resort.

"Their so-called "Couple days" will be like the past weekends." Katelyn thought in dismay, "The only difference was that instead of her lazing around the house watching movies while he sat beside her busy with his computer, she would be sunbathing and drooling over the hunks in the beach.

"As if she will drool over them, her husband is too gorgeous for her to look around."

Katelyn was disillusioned of the weekend she invasion spending. She looked at her watch, and upon seeing the time that it's half-past eleven already, hurriedly, she gets up from the couch and follows Jared.

"I can carry the duffel bag, Jared," she offered.

"No Need, just make sure that the lights are off and then lock the door," Jared answered her at the same time, opened the door and walked out.

"Today, he never failed to make her heart flutter. Even earlier, she was slightly disappointed," Katelyn smiled, touched by his being gentleman.

She walked to the doorway, with her left hand on the doorknob she turned off the lights and then went out of the door while Jared just stands in the corridor.

"I will wait for you at the elevator," Jared told her when she was locking the door. Once she finished securing their place, she walked to where Jared is.

Their apartment is one of the four penthouses on the topmost floor of the building owned and managed by Steele Group of Companies. So far, she had not met anyone of the owner of the other three, but she knows that the occupant of their floor exclusively used two elevators while the rest shares the common one.

The customized carpet of the corridor gave the floor style and sophistication and minimized the noise of anyone that tread on it, giving the impression that they are the only ones who live there.