Part 30

Published: Nov. 01, 2019---September 30, 2020

Instead of following him on the terrace, she lays on her bed. Thoughts of Charlize's threats on her let out the naughtiness in her and made her decide to let Jared be in a situation she was earlier, in doubt.

With a plan to make up with him in the morning, she slept with a smile.

Instead of waking up as she had envisioned herself awakening her husband with kisses, disappointment greeted her as he was not in bed anymore. She got up, put on her robe, and went out of their bedroom to look for him.

Mark's voice inside his study made her stopped and turned around to go back to their bedroom.

Jared doesn't want her seen by any man on her robe, even if it is his most trusted PA.

She took a bath and slip into leggings and a shirt. Afterward, she went out and walked towards the kitchen to make something for them to eat. To see the dining table with food on it made her forgo her plan. Instead, she sits down on the chair to eat.

After her meal, she went back again in front of his study, but as she can hear voices like they are in a teleconference, she turned around. With a heavy heart, she dragged herself inside their entertainment room. She watches television while waiting for him.

Maybe she had fallen asleep as she had awakened in a silent room with the television turned off.

The blanket covered her betrayed he had been inside the room, a smile plastered in her face as she got up.

Her smile turned into distress as she looked everywhere inside their apartment for him, but he was nowhere in sight. She felt drained of energy at the thought her husband left their apartment, angry with her.

"Why is she so stupid to play games with Jared's emotion? She should have run to him as soon as she realized he has no plans to divorce her. If she did, this feeling of hopelessness would not be what she felt but euphoria."

She slumped down on something soft. It was when her eyes roamed around she noticed herself sitting on the bed in the guest room. In an instant, she felt as if a force had pushed her to go back where she belongs, in this bed, and not with Jared's.

Thought of not being with him made her panic. She got up to go back to their bedroom, but it seems like the room is in an axis and doing its rotation. To avoid falling, she lay down.

"This is why she hates going out late; the next day, she just doesn't want to leave the comforts of her bed." She complained once she awakens from her slumber.

She looked at the watch and had surmised she had been there for two hours. She got up and walked back to their bedroom, hoping Jared will be there.

The ringing of her phone made her run to the nightstands where she left it. To see Jared's name on the screen, lift her spirit, and she answered it with eagerness in her voice.

Mark's voice, on the other end, had made her eyes cloudy. She tried as much as possible to make her voice sound so natural after being told her husband will not be home, not only for a night but a week or ten days.

His PA never mentioned the details, but she knew Jared is avoiding her. Once the call ended, she just took a tissue and wiped the wetness on her face. She sniffed and sat down on their bed as she felt her wobbly knees is about to give in.

How she wished she can turn back time and had done what she was supposed to do. At least Jared left knowing she didn't want to be without him too.

That night she had a restless night, thinking of Jared.