Part 9

Publish May 30, 2019----Sept. 30, 2020

Katelyn woke up with a splitting headache, so painful that it is almost like being sutured without anesthesia. She tried to move so she can reach the bedside table for the medicine, but the realization hit her upon feeling the coldness of the room on her naked shoulders. Abruptly she opened her eyes and turned on her side to look for someone on the bed, but it turned out she was alone.

Thoughts of another person made her cringed not only because she had broken the contract but also because she committed adultery and lost her virginity to someone else. "But wait," she took a peek on her body under the blanket and saw that she was wearing her undies, and the bed is familiar.

"She is stupid to have drunk more than her tolerance." she blamed herself, "What did happen last night?" she murmured while putting her hands on her head to think.

"What is that look?" startled by Jared's voice, she looked up to see him walking towards her.

"When did he come inside? She never even heard a door opening or was he inside the room all along?" confusion marred her face.

"Don't you remember what you had done last night?" She just shakes her head from side to side for an answer.

"So reflect on it until you will recall what had happened," he told her while he opens the bedside cabinet at the same time Katelyn, who is still sitting on their bed and clutching the blanket, tried to do as he suggested.

But because of her headache, her mind cannot function well.

"Drink this medicine first," she looked at Jared's hands with a tablet and took it from him. She just looked at the pills while he poured water in a glass and offered it to her.

Jared sat down beside her while she drank the medicine, and once she finished, he removed the glass from her hand and put it on the tray at the top of the cabinet.

Katelyn puzzled look followed his every action.

"What had this guy's eyes had seen on the sky last night that he become so caring on her, or is it because he had seen her body?" That thought made her jerked and turned her back on him and bite her lips as shame creeps into her.

"What happened to you again? Your sudden movement will worsen your headache," he told her while he propped a pillow on the headboard and helped her position her head on it, and of course, his action made Katelyn conscious of her state of undress under the covers.

"Jared, its okay I can manage now," she told him, trying to send him away from her as his nearness made her felt uncomfortable.

He cupped her face gently and stared in her eyes, "Why? Do you remember what you did last night?" he smirked.

Though still confused, but afraid that in their current position, he will read in her eyes that he is the target of all her fantasies, she lowered her gaze.

"Now, I know your secret," his words brought awareness to her of the possibility that he knows her desire to have him to herself. She panicked at the thoughts of what will he say about it, so she pushed him away from her to salvage the remaining pride that she has.

She heard a loud thud as his body falls from the bed.

Katelyn, who was surprised too of her action, immediately get up from the bed to check on him. He was on his back on the floor, looking at his position made her panicked.

She immediately slumped down on the floor and tried to shake him. "Jared, are you okay?" but he just lay still on the floor, making Katelyn more worried.