Part 29

Published: Oct. 25, 2019---Sept. 30, 2020

"Hey cuz, I almost cough up the wine I drink with your words," Blake broke the silence, "sometimes even I am surprised with whatever came out of your mouth. You see how serious Lizzy was, and you said those things? She will cry like a babe."

Blake talked to Jared while he stood up and walked to the latter sides to whisper and be answered by a nod afterward.

Once Blake straightened up, he looked at her. She was confused at first in the way he stared at her, but it turned into alarmed as soon as he opened his mouth.

"Katelyn, are you sure you have not dated anyone here?"

"Ahh, what do you mean?"

"Is he asking about the time he saw her in the restaurant when the three of them met David and Michael?" She looked at Jared and saw his face full of anticipation on her answer.

"Will it be her end if she answers and tells about it? Oh no, She can't say anything about it. She would know her husband's behavior if it involved a man."

"I just ask, so if you did get married unexpectedly, it would not surprise your friends anymore," He said while looking at Lizzy.

Blake's explanation eased the tension within her.

"So, he meant about Jared." She took a deep breath, full of relief.

She moved closer to him and asked if he has an inkling idea of what is in his cousin's mind.

"Why do you have to ask me? Blake is just asking you a question. Answer it as I am waiting for your answer too.

Jared whispered the last sentence in her ears in his mischievous voice.

"Blake, stop teasing Lizzy and Kate." Tess admonished.

Katelyn turned back and looked at Tess, startled at her firm voice, but thankful for her interruption. At least the topic will divert away from her.

Her friend's familiarity with Blake made her suspect they are not just being on a dating stage but much deeper.

"Blake was teasing you, Lizzy, don't mind him much. Mr. Steele is only watchful of Kate because of what had occurred the last time we were together in the club." Tess explained.

"So much for her hopes not to be the subject of discussion." Katelyn thought.

Curiosity made her also listen as Tess tells about what had happened. This is the first time she had heard as no one had ever told her what she had done as if it was a taboo to mention.

"What? I did those things? No way, I will never do like what you had told."

Tess sympathetic eyes towards her made her shoulder sagged as she figures out the real motive Jared doesn't want her to take even a sip of wine on her glass.

"Was she so scandalous?" She asked herself.

"Blimey, you did it? Ew, now I understand why his ex or current girlfriend is so mad at you. Those models must have told her about the incident. " Lizzy told her in the comprehension of Charlize's behavior earlier.

Tess asked her what does Lizzy mean about Charlize being angry with her.

She was forced to tell her friend "in an appropriate place she will talk about it" because of Jared's proximity.

A nod of understanding was Tess's response, as it dawned on her such discussion mustn't be done within Jared's hearing.

Lizzy turned to look at Jared and Blake.