Part 36

Published: Dec. 22, 2019---Sept. 30, 2020

"What are you doing, Charlize? You want to hit my wife, who is pregnant. Whatever anger you have towards me, don't involve her in it." Jared told Charlize while he turned around to face the latter while shielding her with his back.

"Why are you protecting her? Isn't she a wife whom your grandmother forced you to wed?"

"You know, no one can force me to do anything I don't want to do."

"Don't tell me you love her, Jared. It is not you. The Jared I know doesn't like any woman. You only love your company. It is just the brat in her, which made you behave like this."

"Charlize, if you cannot accept that, I have fallen in love with her. It is your problem, but it is the truth." Jared then turned to face her and pulled her in his embrace. He guided her then to go in the opposite direction on which Charlize used.

"She doesn't love you as I do. Jared. If she did, she would not go out and date other men." Upon hearing Charlize's accusation, Katelyn stopped her stride, turned around, and said. " If you love Jared like you said, how come you are pregnant with someone else?"

"Jared, you know it..."

Charlize was not able to finish what she has to say as Jared told her to stop. The room then quieted while she and Charlize looked at each other.

Jared then holds her hand, but before they left, Jared told Charlize if she behaves in the future like she is today, a severe consequence in which she will never like will come her way.

After Jared warned a stunned Charlize, they both went back to the garden and see to their guest as if nothing happened.

When the visitors left after an hour, Katelyn saw Charlize's face looked at her. This time, there was no arrogance in her eyes. As if Jared's threat hits her hard to loose whatever hopes she has.

Blake's family stayed behind as ordered by Meme. It was then she cornered Blake in the hallway when he went with Jared in the wine cellar.

"Blake, I need to talk to you." Jared was the one who walked near her instead of Blake. He put his hands on her shoulder and said." Hon, whatever you are going to say, I tell you he is thinking of doing it too. He is just timing it. So, don't stress out yourself and walk with us back to the living room."

What her husband told her was able to calm her worried mind. It means Blake will not leave her friend pregnant and unmarried.

At night while they are preparing to sleep, Jared gathered her in his arms and then asked. "Who was the guy you dated before?"

The truth is, after Charlize's accusation, she was waiting for him to ask her about this.

She looked into his eyes; touched his face, and then tell him about the day she went with Nicole and Tess to meet David and Michael. This time she says all that had happened.

She told him of her wearing a wig to disguise. Even the one when she dropped her phone and Blake helped her, she mentioned it.

It was then he reacted because his cousin had a crush on a girl with Tess and Nicole. He then looked at her as if inspecting her features.

Though surprised at what she learned, she still kissed her husband and told him. "Blake doesn't like me in this color; he like the darker haired one, so don't be jealous."

"I am not, but you are right. Blake likes darker-haired women." Jared touched her lips while he said it.

He deepened the kiss, and she responded. "Is it true you love me, Hon?" He asked once they took a break for a breath.