Part 19

Published: Aug. 16, 2019----Sept. 30, 2020

Their friends did join them in the same table for a drink, as Blake told them earlier.

Blake intercepted David, who's supposed to sit down beside her. She was told by the latter to exchange chairs with him as he wanted to talk to David. She sat down on Blake's vacant chair with no choice to refuse, in between Tess and Jared.

As the times progress, Jared and Charlize behave like they are the only occupant of the room with their proximity and attentiveness. To see them acts like a lover feels like a slapped to Katelyn as she finally realized the extent of their feelings for each other.

His actions made her think that after the intimacy that they had shared, in his eyes, she is nothing but a temporary wife, not worthy of mentioning or be known.

It is also his silent message to her as a reminder that nothing had changed in their relationship. Because for him, he only loves Charlize, so she should stop her illusion of him falling in love with her.

"Here you are again, complaining. Remember, you already know about Jared's having a girlfriend and been warned not to fall in love with him. Besides, you had gained more in this union," she lectured herself.

So as not to be affected by Jared's flirting to Charlize and be called a masochist, she turned to her side to talk to Tess so that it can divert her mind from the two lovers. But then the latter is also busy with Nicole.

Even Kelly, Charlize's friend, who was busy observing her every move earlier, became engaged with Thomas in conversation. Being left out is what Katelyn felt at that moment. It was then she finally noticed the wetness that made her eyes bulge as the realization hit her.

Her abrupt standing up gained Jared's attention as he asked," Is something wrong, Tori?"

Jared's question surprised her as well as using her pet name. She turned to look at her friends if they heard it, but because they are all busy talking to each other, no one seems to notice it except Charlize, whose one eyebrows raised at the concerned in Jared's voice.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I am really in a hurry to go to the loo." She excused herself while carrying her shoulder bag with her. She was two step s away from the table before she heard Charlize asking Jared to go to his place. She never listened to what his answer as she goes further away from them.

As she suspected, her most awaited period comes.

She took out fresh undies and pad from her bag and change. Because her period is regular, it has been her habit to always bring these two necessary things with her on the days that she is sure it will come.

Once she finished, the feeling of tiredness finally conquered her. She sits down on the covered bowl like a person who has lost its will to move, and eventually, the tears she was trying to suppress wet her face.

No matter how hard she tried to be tough and not care in front of Jared and her friends but inside the cubicle's confinement, she gave in to the truth; she is hurting.

The pain of being in a marriage not loved by her husband eventually caught up with her. To finally know that he doesn't care about her feelings after all that had happened between them. For him, she is just a commodity, there for his pleasure until he can have the approval from his grandmother to realize his love for Charlize added to her already wounded heart.

She wanted to shout, but she can't do that. Only through these silent tears, she can pour her sorrow. For she has no one to blame but herself, her weakness drove her into this situation.

The only consolation in all this is that no innocent child will be involved, and she will do everything that it will remain that way.

She took out some tissues, pat dries her face after her last sniff, and then stood up. She opened the cubicle door, walked to the wash area, cleans her hand, and retouched her face.