Chapter 17

There are some very bad no-no words in this chapter

"You can't do that!" Peter yelled, angry at the social worker. The girl sighed.

"Mr.Parker I apologize, but Camryn can't stay here. You're not in the safest environment and you're only sixteen. Legally speaking, you can't keep her. You know this." Peter did know this. He just didn't want to accept it. Tony and Natasha were sitting next to him, each had a hand on his shoulder.

"Is there any way she can stay here?" Peter asked desperately. The worker shook her head in false sympathy.

"I'm afraid not Mr.Parker. You are not able to adopt her and it is unhealthy for her to get too attached if you won't adopt her." Peter ran his fingers through his hair.

"I'll be seventeen by the end of this year. Then only one more year and I can adopt her. Can you guys not wait two years?" Tony rubs Peters back trying to comfort him. It works slightly, but Peter is still annoyed.

"There's nothing I can do." Peter groaned.

"There is something you can do! You just don't want to. I've done research. She's allowed to stay here if she wants to and no one adopts her." The girl sighs again.

"I understand that sir. But she's too young to make those decisions." Peter stands up.

"She's a human! She understands her emotions. She can choose where she wants to live. Who gives a fuck about how old she is?" Natasha grabs his arm as the worker glared at the boy.

"Hey Pete, lets calm down alright? We'll sort everything out." Peter sighs tiredly, but does as Natasha says. Tony put his arm around Peters shoulder and the kid leaned into him. The girl packed up her papers and stood.

"Someone will be here by Friday to pick her up. Until then Mr.Parker." She walks out of the building. Tony wraps both arms around Peter and pulls him to his chest tightly. Peter hugs back just as tight and he begins to cry quietly. Tony rubs his kids back while Natasha plays with his hair. Scott walks in and gives a quick hug to Peter, understanding how he's feeling, then walks out. Peter just calmed down when he heard a soft voice behind him.

"Are you okay daddy?" He turned around and saw his little girl looking up at him concerned. He smiled at her.

"I'm okay baby. Where's Chewie?" Camryn walks up to Peter and climbs into his lap.

"He's with Cassie. She's really nice." Peter smiled sadly at the girl and pulled her into a hug. The others left, leaving the two alone. Peter sighs into Camryns hair before pulling away.

"Hey Cam, we need to talk about something." Camryn looks up at Peter. "On Friday, you're gonna have to leave for a while. You'll be okay. I'll make sure to tell them to not let anything happen to you." Camryn looks at him scared.

"But, you'll be with me... right? You can't leave." A tear ran down Peters face.

"No Cam. I'm not going with you. I'm sorry. I tried sweetheart. They don't think it's good for you to stay here." He's crying now and so is Camryn.

"No! No they can't take me away from you. I wanna stay. Don't let them take me. Please daddy." He pulls the girl into a hug and rocks back and forth. He hears the girls sobs become quieter and when he looks down, he sees that she's asleep. He picks her up and walks both of them to his room. When he gets to the bed, he just lays there and thinks about everything that happened that day. Camryn had a good day at school, Flash didn't bother him that much, Ned got a new LEGO kit, and Peter got a 100 on all his tests. Why did it have to go to shit? He looked down at the girl and kissed her forehead softly.

"I'm so sorry Cam."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: .............
~Grace