Chapter 6

As I came down in the morning to the smell of pancakes, I saw Colin making breakfast and Katie at the table reading with a cup of coffee. I walked up behind Colin and asked "Watcha doin'?'"

"Holy crap! What was that for?!" he said jumping around to see a laughing Katie and smug me.

"Sorry," I said trying to hide my smile.

"Want to help?" he asked.

"Sure." I walked over to his side and we started flipping pancakes. 

Shaun came down first as he smelt the pancakes then Grandpa Bernard and Grandma Bernie, followed by Rory and Grandpa Paul and Grandma Mary. After breakfast Colin fed the dogs, Oisin and Spinee and Katie told me we were going for a girls day out shopping. I walked upstairs and got changed into a plain white top with black legging with, again, my sketchers and put my hair up into a ponytail. I made my bed and headed downstairs. Katie was waiting down there wearing a grey top with a navy blue jacket, black jeans with black converses. "Sup," I said and she turned around smiling at me.

"You ready?" she asked

"Yep," I answered. We left the house and drove to the shopping centre and on the way, Katie explained to me that we will leave for LA in a couple of weeks and then head up to Vancouver to film the next season of Supergirl. I could not wait to meet the cast and go and live in a different country.

When we got to the shopping centre Katie put on her sunglasses and a baseball cap, I did the same. We started to walk around and shop. Katie found some nice clothes for me, and a couple of dresses. We bought a couple of pairs of jeans and leggings, loads of t-shirts and blouses, a couple of jumpers and jackets, and five pairs of shoes.

When we had finished shopping we came home and sat on the couch with Colin and watched a movie together, I finally felt wanted.