Chapter 34

It had been a couple of weeks since Cara had come over, right now I was walking home, with Cara from school. Dad got home last week, which meant that he was home. Which took a bit of time to get used to, mainly because he was overly protective. He still hasn't met Cara yet.

"Are you sure he's gonna like me?" Cara asked me for the millionth time today.

"Colin's a pushover. He seems tough but he's a big teddy bear. You should have been this worried about Katie, she the worse of them," I explained. Cara inhaled deeply trying to calm herself. I grabbed her hand and gave it a light squeeze. "You'll be fine," I said leaning up to kiss her cheek.

As we got to the apartment door, Cara asked me, again, "Do I look okay?"

"You look like you normally do. Leather jacket, jeans and a beanie," I chuckled.

"It's not funny! I'm serious!" Cara said, with a slight laugh. I quickly pecked her lips before unlocking the door and entering the apartment.

Koda leapt from his bed and bounded straight past me to Cara.

"Nice to know I'm loved," I stated, walking over to the kitchen.

"Sorry, babe. He clearly knows who's better," She stated kneeling down to pet him.

"Clearly," I mumbled grabbing an apple from the fridge and leaning against the counter. Cara walked over to me, wrapped her arms around my waist and started to lean in. But was stopped by a voice calling.

"Clem, is that you?" I heard my dad call from his office.

"Yeah," I replied, turning back to Cara, who was now pouting. I laughed before giving her multiple kisses. The next thing I knew dad was walking into the kitchen, catching both Cara and me off guard. We both separated, lightly coughing.

"You must be Cara," he stated, putting out his hand for Cara to shake. I saw Cara gulp.

"Yes sir," She said returning the gesture.

"Now tell me what are your intentions with my daughter," he stated coldly.

"Dad!"

"Intentions?" Cara questioned.

"Yes, what are your intentions," Colin repeated, I could not believe this. Cara looked stunned, unsure of what to say. "Do you love her?" Colin asked.

"Of course I love her, she's amazing. And the fact that you're questioning her judgement on a girlfriend tells me that you don't trust her,"

"Yep she's okay," Colin said before walking away, back to his office. Leaving both of us alone.

Cara let out a breath, while I stood there stunned.

"You told me not to worry!" She said laughing slightly.

"I'm sorry," I said walking over to her, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. "You did say something that surprised me though,"

"Really and what was that?" she questioned leaning closer.

"That you love me," I said leaning back.

"And? It's true, I do love you," She said beaming leaning into me, crashing her lips into mine, while I melted into her embrace. After a while, we both heard a whine and broke away to see Koda staring at us with his lead in his mouth.

"I think someone wants to go out for a walk," I said.

"I'll come with you," Cara suggested.

While we were walking through the park, I remembered something I needed to ask Cara.

"Hey, are you doing anything on Friday?" I asked.

"I don't think so, why?"

"My mum's invited some of her castmates over for a girls night and said that I could invite you" I explained.

"Sure, I can come. Will I need to tell my parents I'm staying the night?" She asked, a smirk plastered on her face, causing me to blush uncontrollably.

"Last time was an accident," I exclaimed, "But yes, it might be a good idea," I mumbled while Cara placed her arm around me pulling me closer. I'm so lucky I have such an amazing person in my life.

A/N: Just a quick update. Please stay safe, and keep sending in your suggestions!