Chapter 10

After being checked over by a doctor on set I headed back to my trailer with Chyler as Katie had a few more scenes to shoot. I sat down on the couch still shaking.

"Hey, do you want something to eat or drink?" Chyler asked. I shook my head, I don't feel like eating anything I don't think my stomach could hold it. I got out my sketchbook and started adding to one of my drawings. "Can I have a look at your sketches?" Chyler asked coming to sit next to me.

"Sure," I mumbled as I passed her the book, "I had to start a new one when we moved as I finished my last one, so Colin bought me a new one," I told her.

"What do you sketch?" She asked.

"Um... usually landscapes and movie scenes and stuff," I said as she flicked through my book and came across a scene with a girl hugging her knees, with cuts and bruises with hands reaching for her.

"What's this?" Chyler questioned. I quickly grabbed the book.

"It's... it's nothing," I answered quickly shoving the book back into my bag.

"Clem, that was something, what was it?" She insisted.

"It was what I was feeling like when I was with him, I didn't have anywhere to go. I was just stuck there unable to escape," I said.

"What was it like there?" she asked. I told her how my mum died in a car crash, and how my dad became an alcoholic and abused me and my brother."What did Joe say to you before we came over?" Chyler asked.

"He told me that he was the person who killed my mum and that he wants me to go back home with him,"

"And do you want to?" she asked.

"No! I never want to go home with him. Katie and Colin are my family now, and I thank them every day for what they did. They saved me and I am eternally grateful to them," I said. Chyler came over to me and tried to hug me, but I jumped up and hid in the corner. "No!" I shouted and started to cry.

"Clem it's me," Chyler said coming over.

"No! Stop it!" I screamed, "Don't touch me!" pushing myself more and more into the corner.

"Clem, it's me. It's Chyler," She said stopping but kneeling down.

"No!" I cried, "Don't hurt me, please!" I shouted she moved back with her hands out.

"Clem calm down it's just me," Chyler said. I started clutching my head as the trailer door opened and Katie and Colin came in.

"Hey, hey, hey. Clemmie, it's us. Clemmie just breathe, in and out, in and out" Colin said running over to me. I breathed slowly and was able to focus more. I started to cry and hurled myself at Colin. "It's okay, you're safe,"

I composed my self within a few minutes," I-I'm sorry," I muttered.

"Why are you sorry?" Colin asked. I looked up and saw Katie and Chyler crying, that made me feel worse.

"Everything," I said looking at Katie. Colin looked over his shoulder

"How about you two go and get some coffee or something, and I'll stay with Clem for a bit? I'll meet you back home" Colin asked Katie nodded and both Katie and Chyler walked out so it was just me and Colin. We sat down on the couch, " Do you want to tell me what that was about?" He asked I shook my head, "That's fine, as long as you know Katie and I are here for you," I said.

"I know, I just don't want to tell you," I said.

"Tell us what?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said.

"Clemmie, come on I need to know," He insisted

"Fine," I sighed, " Joseph Hunter is my dad, but he was the reason why I was put into the foster system," I explained

"I thought you told us that he died in a car crash as well?" Colin asked.

"Surprise," I said, trying to lighten the mood but Colin just looked at me, " He didn't die, only my mum did, he abused me until I was six and then I was transferred. It was just easy to forget everything that happened and it made it easier to explain to the kids at school," I said.

"I understand, those weren't nice times," Colin replied.

"So you not mad at me?" I said.

"Why would I be mad at you?" Colin asked.

"Because I didn't tell you the truth," I mumbled 

"You don't have to tell the truth all the time, Clem," He said, "How about we call it a day and head home?" I nodded.