Chapter Eleven- The Forgotten

Wait- What Were We Talking About?

From behind her she heard footsteps

From behind her she heard footsteps. Cassandra turned around and came face to face with the bear. She didn't have time to move out of the way and braced herself for impact, screwing her eyes shut tightly. But nothing happened. She opened her eyes and stared in front of her in confusion. There was no one there. Cassandra turned around and saw the bear still running down the corridor. Had he gone through her?! Oh right, a vision.

Before Cassandra could follow the men in masks, her vision ended and she was back in the sitting room. The gunfire had ceased and Diego was no longer beside her. Cassandra scrambled to her feet, cautiously poking her head out from behind the couch to check if the coast was clear. There was no one there. Where was Diego? And what had, or was going to happen, to Klaus? She needed to find Klaus.

Cassandra sprinted down the landing and headed for the stairs that lead to their bedrooms. With every step her mind raced further and further to the conclusion that Klaus was dead. Poor thing probably wouldn't even realise it...

Cassandra grabbed a hold of the banister as she took the stairs two at a time. Her eyes were fixed the steps to make sure she didn't trip but in her haste she didn't see a woman in a pink rabbit mask running up the stairs towards her. Cassandra screamed in shock as the woman lurched forward. Cassandra jumped up a step as the woman doubled over in pain and pulled a knife from her leg.

"Cass! I told you to go!" Diego yelled at her from the bottom of the stairs.

"I can't! Klaus-"
"Go!"

The woman with the mask had started to stir and claw her way up the stairs, sucking in sharp breaths of air as she moved her bloodied leg. Cassandra grimaced as she looked at Diego and Allison in the landing below then at whoever it was in the rabbit mask. She sighed. If Klaus was down there, there was no way Diego and Allison would just leave him, Cassandra told herself as she turned and ran back up the stairs.

On her way upstairs, Cassandra's sight began to go hazy. No, not now. She always got visions at the most opportune moments...

"Cass!" She heard, snapping her back into reality.

"Luther!" She called back. She had somehow made it upstairs, her legs continuing to move even though her mind was elsewhere. She was in the hall now, that formal alcove by the stairs that lead to the front door.

"Cass, it's not safe. You should leave." He insisted.

"The chandelier." She muttered. "Luther, the chandelier!" She exclaimed but he wasn't listening. Luther had walked forward to meet her in the middle of the floor.

"You should leave, now. It's not safe for you." Luther was insisting as he took Cassandra by the arm and headed to the front door.

"No." Cassandra protested as she struggled against Luther's enormous strength, her feet slipped along the marble floor, "Luther I saw it! I can help. No!" She called out as Luther pulled her closer and closer to the door. "Vanya!" Cassandra called out, struggling against Luther's grip.