Chapter Thirty One- 1: Luther

Number One: Luther Hargreeves

Everyone was sat solemnly in the sitting room

Everyone was sat solemnly in the sitting room. Everyone except Luther and Allison. Allison was still unconscious and Luther had refused to leave her side. Cass had become even more spaced, reverting back into a shell of herself. Now she had less blood, she was feeling much, much worse. Klaus was not much better. For the first time in a long time, he was sober. And craving anything that would make him not sober.

Diego stood in the middle of the room and folded his arms across his chest with more energy than needed in order to get everyone's attention. No one looked at him though.

"The bastard that nearly killed our sister is still out there, with Vanya." He explained although everyone already knew, "We need to go after her."

Five, who was pacing between the two sofas, stopped.

"Vanya's not important." He shrugged off.

"Hey!" Diego shouted and pointed an accusing finger at Five who looked at him but did not see him, "That's your sister. That's a little heartless even for you."

"I'm not saying I don't care about her," Five shrugged, "But if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the other 7 billion of us. Harold Jenkins is our first priority."

Diego sighed and breathed in long and deep through his nose before he spoke.

"I agree. Let's go"

"You guys count me out." Klaus mumbled and shook his head, wobbling like a bobblehead figure. The other two boys froze and turned to glare at Klaus.

"I mean, no offence or whatever," Klaus rambled, "It's just...I kinda feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for a newly sober me, so..."

"You're coming." Diego enforced.

"No...I don't...I mean," Klaus rambled trying to think of an excuse they would buy, "We can all agree that my power's... I mean it's pretty much useless. I'll only be holding you back. Plus, someone should stay behind with Cass, I mean...Look at her!"

He gestured with both hands to Cass who sat next to him on the sofa. She had left a gap, though, between herself and Klaus which Ben had conveniently sat in. Whether she had seen Ben and left the gap deliberately, or Ben had seen the gap and sat in it, Klaus, being the only one who could see him, wasn't sure. He was just focused on controlling his cravings.

Cass stared off into the distance with blank and tired eyes. She gently rubbed circles on her arm where Mom had bandaged up her puncture wound. Diego walked slowly toward her and crouched down in front of her. He took both her hands in his and waited patiently for her to look at him before he said: "Cass? You coming with us?"

Slowly, Cass nodded. She took a deep breath and slowly rose to her feet. She took a little shaky step and her knees buckled but, out of sheer determination to go with them, she took another step. Diego wavered beside her, holding out a hand to steady her should she need to grab ahold of him.