Chapter Fourteen- The Apocalypse

The Apocalypse Is Coming. We Have Four Days

Luther had scooped Five up in his arms and, as they left the library

Luther had scooped Five up in his arms and, as they left the library. Cassandra had awkwardly apologised for her 'son's' behaviour, his parents were getting divorced.

"We can't go back to the house. It's not secure." Luther reasoned. Cassandra had to agree with him. "Those psychopaths could come back at any moment."

"My place is close, no one will look for him there." Diego said, directing them down a dark, particularly dingy, alleyway. Five burped loudly causing his to stir.

"If you vomit on me-" Luther threatened. Five just laughed.

"You know what's funny?" Five slurred, drunkenly, "I'm going through puberty! Twice!" He giggled and hiccuped. "I drank that whole bottle didn't I? That's what you do when the world you love goes bye-bye. Poof!"

Cassandra smiled at him as he drunkenly shifted in Luther's arms. But her moment of happiness wouldn't last. She stumbled as she walked behind Luther in the alley and felt her knees buckle. Diego stopped and turned back as Cassandra fell to the floor.

"Shit, Cass!" He muttered, or did he shout? Cassandra's hearing had gone, everything sounded like a muted echo. She reached out for him as the world faded into nothing. Diego stared at her, panicked as her eyes clouded over with a white veil.

"Luther!" He snapped.

"Oh God, is she?" Luther asked, drawing in a sharp breath.

"Visioning?" Diego finished, "Yeah."

"What do we do?" Luther asked, turned around to face Cassandra and Diego. Cassandra was lying, collapsed on the floor as Diego held up her head in his arms.

"I don't know..."

Cassandra gasped and her eyes widened, they were no longer white. Immediately, she turned to Diego. Her face was white and she looked up at him in desperation. He helped her up as she sprung to her feet.

"Hey, you okay?" Diego asked, steadying her by holding her up by her shoulders.

"Diego...?" She asked cautiously, her breath was shaking.

"Yeah?"

"Who's Eudora?"

Cassandra watched him and staggered as she stepped away. Before she could say another word he had started sprinting down the length of the alley way. Luther looked to Cassandra, his brows furrowed. She looked back at him, her face a visage of pure panic. They both took of running after him. Five protested drunkenly from Luther's arms but that hardly seemed to matter now.

When they finally caught up with Diego he was running back out of the gym. He took Cassandra by the shoulders and said purposefully.

"My room's in the back. If I don't come back, well, I guess you'll know what's happened."