XXXV (finale)

6 years later

A young man sat in the backseat of his private limousine, his black Armani textured suit gliding smoothly against the leather seat. He took out a small piece of paper from his wallet that was stashed with credit cards, business cards and what else.

He stared at the small polaroid photo in his hand, smiling gently, happiness glinting in his eyes. His friend who was seated beside him spoke,

"What are you looking at, hyung?"

His bunny teeth on display, already foreknowing who was in that signed polaroid.

"The reason I am who I am today," he replied.

Jungkook hummed at the older's answer.

"You know the stocks are skyrocketing today yet here we are, a thousand miles away."

"Yes, and you also know I have to be here today."

Jimin held the polaroid dearly, hoping.

"Funny how the last time we were here we had only a few bucks," Jungkook smiled to himself at the memories, "and today, we are making millions by the second."

Jimin looked through the windshield reminiscing the old days, "how are the others by the way?"

Clicking his tongue, the youngest replied, "the usual, Namjoon hyung at his studio and Hoseok hyung monitoring our new branch but I bet he's staying with his wife for a date night today," he laughed.

"Same old romantic Hoseok."

"Yes."

"All thanks to your determination, we wouldn't have been here today," Jungkook looked at Jimin gratefully.

"We all worked hard for that publishing company," Jimin continued, "and no one can hate Namjoon's songs."

"Amazing how both you and Hoseok hyung found love in the same city."

"But he knew how to hold on, unlike me."

He looked out the window, his eyes tracing the familiar rocky streets, the same dusty roads and the very familiar grand hotel.

He smiled bitterly as his driver opened the door for him, getting the bags as he walked in, his eyes glistened as he strode through the huge brown doors, underneath the big chandeliers.

---------

Right in the heart of the city, stood a fountain, between all the high concrete buildings, a marble statue of a woman stood high. She was facing up one of the buildings, her face sculptured of great longing to the other statue that stood high.

So close yet so far.

Another woman stood in front of the fountain, her golden brown curls longer than before, her light summer dress floating around her as usual, the soft breeze kissing her slightly tanned skin but her smile fading.

She held to a gold coin so dearly, she held it close to her heart as she spoke to the fountain, to the wind and to her longing heart.

"I didn't break my promise," she sniffled, "I have been coming here every year at the day we met ever since yet I-,"

Her voice cracked, tears filled her eyes.

"I don't know if I can keep doing this," she took in a deep breath, "Jimin, it's been six years and I have no idea over your whereabouts."

Her body shivered, "I don't even know if you still remember me!"

"They call me crazy but if loving you was madness then I don't mind being crazy... together,"

She breathed heavily, "it's together but i'm here alone."

Somewhere in the shadows of the tall buildings, stood a man, his brown fringe covering his eyes. He had watched enough of his beloved's agony to intervene, just as he took a step forward to finally reach her, another figure approached her.

The shorter body went closer, dressed in a suit, a baby blue camera in his hand, the former man just stood back again watching the scene unfold ahead of him.

The short figure neared Eun, walking in close steps.

Eun heard footsteps behind her, she quickly rubbed away the tears, expecting a passerby.

"Hey, wanna take a polaroid together?"

Eun turned around to meet a well-dressed Jimin, his once blond hair now a light shade of grey, he held out his polaroid camera, the other hand in his pocket as he leaned in, more confident than she had ever seen him.

The floor beneath her slid, her arms were thrown in the air as her body clashed into his, embracing him with all her mind. His arms encircled her smaller form, taking in her scent and sobbing tears.

"I thought I lost you," she breathed out.

"I just wanted to be able to be with you for real this time."

She punched his chest strongly, throwing fists, "six years!" she screamed.

Yet his hold remained firm, taking in her anger, "sorry, it took me a while,"

"You know your punches are still strong."

"You deserve it!"

"Okay, you win, Mrs Wings!"

"HEY!"

The couple went on bickering, laughter mixed tears filling the empty square. Living in their own little world, they failed to notice the figure standing behind the shadows yet another time. He looked at them sighing,

If she's happy, I'm happy.

He wanted to be the nice guy, but he couldn't deny that it ate him up for she never saw him more than a brother. He held onto a necklace closely, a picture of two children smiling widely.

"You broke another promise, Eun."

He walked away with a bright future but a broken heart. Getting into the back seat of the black car waiting for him, he looked out the window in despair.

"Is he here?" asked the feminine voice in the passenger seat, her eyes looking at the mirror reflecting Taehyung's face.

"Yes, he's back."

"Good for her," she spoke softly, the cold air of the AC hitting her face, brushing her black hair away. Taehyung just hummed along.

The car door opened, a tall man slide smoothly in the driver's seat, "sorry babe did I take long?" he questioned as he held her hand to his plump lips, kissing it.  

"It's okay Jin, let's just go," she smiled slowly at him before looking out the window again.

"You won't believe how hot the weather is? Like my beautiful face almost melted," he sneered, tidying his hair up so arrogantly.

Taehyung cringed covering his face with both hands, "hyung, please!"

"Seriously! The weather is almost as hot as I am!" he blew a kiss at his fiance.

"Can you just drive?" Taehyung rocked his body forwards, setting his face between the seats as the car started moving.

"Do you wanna hear a joke?"

"Hyung! Nooo!"

"Okay, once there was a HAHAHAHA," he laughed patting the steering wheel.

"Oh God! I'm never riding with you again!"

"Darling, please just drive."

"Okay last one! Last one!" he continued, "AHAHAHAHA!"

"Oh no! How can you handle him, Nara?"

"Trust me, I don't."

----------

Aand thatd be all, thank u so much for reading and keeping up with me despite my year long break

Might come back with an epilogue cuz who knos ;)

Bye for now and see yall in my other/next books

:*