XXIII

Jimin was nervous

Jimin was nervous. He stood by the fountain, a pink tulip bouquet in hand as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

It'd been fifteen minutes since he called Eun but she was no where in sight. He swayed the bouquet as he stood close to the fountain, a few droplets hitting his over-worn sneakers. 

A few more minutes have passed before he heard the sound of sandals hitting the paved street approaching him, he knew those footsteps well despite hearing them only twice, the sound they made rang in his head making him smile unconsciously.

Jimin turned around at the sight of Eun and he found it adorable how she stooped down, hands resting on her knees as she stopped before him to take her breath.

"I," she huffed, "I took.. long sorry,"

"No, I called suddenly," he apologized, "I'm sorry."

Eun stood up and he couldn't help but grin like a Cheshire cat seeing her baby hairs standing, flying around at every breeze, her face red from all the running and without a hint of makeup yet he found her even more beautiful than before.

He could only imagine, if he would wake up everyday to her casual self. 

He handed her the bouquet, smiling shyly.

Eun's eyes glinted in surprise, she appreciated his gesture, her smile beaming, "for me?"

"Yes, uh I believe a fifteen pink tulips will tell you how sincerely sorry I am," he scratched his nape, "at least that's what the flower lady said," he attempted to chuckle but it came out as a choked one.

"That's beautiful! I love it!" 

------

"No! I don't like him! I don't approve!" the deep voice shouted at the phone causing Nara to move her head away.

"She sounded like she really liked him though," Nara sighed for the nth time. For the past hour, she'd been listening to Taehyung's whines and complaints over the phone. 

"No! He's just there for her money, I bet!"

"Maybe," she shuddered, "I honestly don't know."

"You can't imagine! He's got nothing on him! WHAT ON EARTH DOES SHE LIKE HIM FOR?!" Taehyung screamed, too angry at the situation.

"Calm down, will you? It's not like it's in our hands," she tried talking him out of it, knowing that Eun was most probably hanging out with Jimin at that moment.

"I thought you said she would go out with me once you came!" he continued, "she came only once with that little bastard!"

"I came to see you, didn't I?"

"Yes, but I wanted her!"

Nara flinched back, no matter how much she tried to ignore it and remind herself of how spontaneous Taehyung was when mad, she felt hurt by his words, it hurt.

"I tried, okay?"

"This better only be a summer fling thing, Nara."

"I don't know about that," she pursed her lips.

"When are they going out and where?"

"Taehyung, I can't tell you that, you'll ruin it," Nara breathed out, not wanting to give her friend away like that.

"Bullshit! If you wanted your friend to be happy, you would!"

"I have known her for years and you're giving her to some broke stranger and saying I'll ruin it? I'LL RUIN IT?!"

"Taehyung, quit it," she hesitated, Eun was happy with Jimin but his words were right, the man will disappear one day leaving her behind. She didn't want to see how broken Eun would be.

"I just can't understand! What can he give her that I can't?! I have everything she'll ever ask for!"

"She said he made her feel special, he gave her love," she whispered, "you know what Eun is like."

The other side of the line went silent before he spoke again,

"Well, don't I have that too?"

-------

A/N

What makes you happy?

Oh text me~

Srsly tho
Mine r summer, beach and ICE CREAM!