Chapter Twenty

"They appreciate me more than you guys do." -Ally Parker

----------

A L L Y ' S  POV

New day, new changes, new challenges. Today is the second day of King of the Field, and I'm really pumped for it. Everyone has been congratulating Hudson and Tanner, and the rest of the guys still present in the contest.

I also found out that we get two jerseys, so the next set is currently with Hudson. He told me that he picked out the design; oh boy.

Janessa is still sulking how she didn't get picked by Hudson, even though she was with another senior at the competition. She's bragging about how good 'Brandon' is going to do tonight. I was talking to Hudson about tonight, and he said not to worry because he is 'motivated by his prize.'

Prize meaning the kiss I was joking about yesterday.

I ended up sleeping downstairs in the living room because Hudson claimed that we needed to rewatch every other King of the Field challenges there were. So I ended up on Hudson's chest for the night, and now my back is aching.

It was worth the pain, even though I wasn't conscious for most of it.

I'm getting ready to call my dad. Even though it's only been like a week since we last talked, I feel like a whole lot has happened since then. In my defense, my dramatic arse has been through a lot lately. Hudson finally started to accept me, I got another friend, I tried celery juice for the first time. Which was a really notorious moment in my extremely fun-lacking life.

I walked over to the bleachers, not caring about lunch. Like I said I've gone through many lunchtimes with no food, so this isn't a big deal. I took a seat on one of the last rows of the cold bleachers. It's actually 'pretty cold' today as these West Coast people call it. Cold meaning it's like seventy-five degrees.

I know right, how are there no polar bears walking around? It's their perfect weather!

Nonetheless, I'm wearing an army green long sleeve chunky sweater which I tucked the front into some black skinny jeans that were ripped at the knees. My shoes are Tims, making me feel like a lumberjack.

Cosplay, huh?

I press the call button on my father's contact. The long sounds of the beeps make me anxious if he's going to pick up or not. Luckily, he does.

"Ally Cat?" I perk up at the nickname, he hasn't called me that in years. It was the nickname mom gave me.

"Hey, dad." I pick at my nails, wondering if this will be a good call or a bad call.

"Why are you calling?" My brows form a V from my confusion and sadness. Although I shouldn't be sad, this happens all the time.

I remember the question asked, "I just wanted to talk to you. How are things back home?"

"I'm glad you called. Well Jessica has her dance competition season coming up, so a lot of money is going toward that." He groans to himself at the thought of losing money. "What about you? Still doing that music junk?"

My father hasn't ever been supportive of my dream to be a musician. He says all musicians end up the same: poor, alone, or dead. He thinks that music isn't a real job, it's a hobby.

"Yeah! I actually wanted to talk to you about that! Mr. Diamante got one of his old friends from high school to listen to my tracks! And if he likes them, he could give me a record deal! Think of how good my career would take off!" I rant. My father huffs on the other end of the line.