Chapter Twenty-Two

"...What's a King without his Queen" -Announcer Guy

----------

H U D S O N ' S P O V

Standing on the football field when everyone is cheering for you is a normal thing for me. For Ally, however, she's not into all the attention. She's pressing into my side, something she does when she's nervous. Yesterday she was telling me how out of place she felt, with all the attention on her.

At least she's happy right now, I can feel her heart pumping faster than the normal rate, and she's breathing pretty hard. I like that she feels comfortable with me enough to inch toward me in her state of discomfort.

We were at our same spots as yesterday farthest on the right, The announcer guy was walking and talking on his microphone. She looked excited in the car, so I'm not sure why she's upset. Maybe we could go for ice cream after this or watch a movie; to make her happy.

"Hudson and Ally will you please come over here." The announcer asks to us, I lead Ally and me over to the guy because she seems to be in her own little world. Tanner and his date are also standing at the front.

"How are you feeling about tonight, Hudson?" He asks me and hands me the microphone.

I grab the mic from his hands and raise it up to my mouth, "I feel good sir, it's a great opportunity and I'm happy to be a part of it. For the third year." I arrogantly add.

He takes back the mic and turns to face Ally. She's still out of it so I pinch her waist, snapping her back to reality. She looks up to me, with an eyebrow raised before facing the announcer.

He takes a step up to Ally. "Alannah, how do you feel about tonight? Are you excited?"

She looks around the field before giving her answer. "Uh, yeah I guess. I feel great about tonight and I know that Hudson will do great and yeah. That's it." I squeeze her shoulder and smile down at her making her look up and smile back at me, which causes a bunch of 'awes' and camera flashes from the audience.

The announcer answers Ally with monotoned answers then went back up to the middle of both groups. He tells us to go back to our spots and we do so, quickly. I look down to find Ally fidgeting with her fingers, something she was doing yesterday too.

I grab her hands with one hand and take one on my own. She looks to the ground as more flashes and 'awes' came from the crowd.

I bend down to whisper in her ear. "You do realize when you're a famous singer, you'll be the only one standing in front of the crowd. That could be ten times this size." I whisper and she shivers when feeling my breath on her neck.

She turns up to talk back in my ear, which is considerably lower by me bending down. "I have acknowledged that, and I don't have stage fright. I'm just not used to so many people taking pictures, aweing, and tagging me on Instagram with a thousand photos from this moment."

"How do you know people are doing that?"

She looks back down to the front, "My phone is on vibrate and is in my back pocket. It's buzzing and buzzing. I don't have a social life, so I know the notifications are from Instagram." I chuckle at her response.

"I could turn the ringer off if you would like," I whisper in her ear, making her blush.

"No, I'm good thanks."

I huff, "Darn, maybe next time."

She snorts, showing me her answer.

The guy walks in the front of all us, facing the audience. He rose his mic to his lips preparing to speak. "We've been doing this challenge for many, many years now. As many of you know, Aaron Diamante was the first winner of 'King of the Field,'" Ally looks to me for confirmation to see if what the speaker said was true. I smirk a little, proud of my dad. He has a picture up in the hall and everything. "He was here a long time ago, and ever since then, it's been the same type of challenges: obstacle courses, agility tests, stupid games for entertainment.