Chapter Forty-Four

"What? No, you're not leaving me" -Hudson Diamante

----------

A L L Y ' S  P O V

I've delt with secrets and drama before. I'm a teenage girl after all. However the drama was always apart of a specific group, it was never the whole school, let alone the whole world. People everywhere are sharing the hashtag #Hudlannahisover.

I don't really care about the staring, pointing, or laughing, but I can't stand the assumptions. Assumptions are just theories, they are what people make up to start drama.

'She's only with him to make a name for herself.'

'Hudson's probably only with her for sex.'

'No wonder she has all those expensive brands.'

The list goes on.

I thought that when you're exploited your life shuts down. Like you start to cut yourself, people write offensive things on your locker. Unfortunately, there's more to it.

I haven't gotten my share of mean words on my locker, but people have used this 'scandal' to their advantage. People have been whispering about me all day, silent whenever they see me, and nobody says 'hi' to me anymore. I wasn't the most popular, but I was popular enough to have numerous people greet me in the corridors.

I guess people said no to that idea.

Right now I was sporting one of my famous messy ponytails, with my laptop playing an endless loop of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. I blocked social media from my laptop and tablet, since I had no phone anymore, I didn't have to worry about that. The Diamantes have offered to buy me a new phone numerous amounts of times, but I've said no each time. I think they just want to say sorry in a bigger way.

Well, that's all I know from Hudson's details. I can successfully say that I've been ignoring all the others since the accident. I hung out with Mia like once, but that was the only exception. Maybe I should also mention that it's only been like two days.

Luckily for me, it was now Friday. Meaning, I don't have to deal with any more public humiliation or harassment for at least two days.

A sudden knock appears at my door. "It's open!" I call, deciding I didn't want to get up from my seat.

The door opens slowly at first, but it busts open later on. I see Peyton, carrying a tray, with her butt facing the door. "Thanks for getting the door, Ally," Peyton says, making me cringe.

"Sorry, Peyton."

She smiles and walks over to my bedside. She sets down the tray on my nightstand before sitting on my bed with me. "So, how are you feeling?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I'm fine right now."

She nods slowly, taking one of the mugs off the tray. She gently handed me the steaming cup. "It's hot chocolate, something I always make when times are tough."

I nod, taking a small sip. As soon as it hits my tongue, it burns. "Oh, it's uh- hot." I chuckle, resting it on my duvet covered thigh.

Peyton chuckles, "Yeah, it's most comforting when hot. So, why don't you tell me what is really going on."

I swallow awkwardly. "What do you mean?"

"How are you coping with the whole scandal?" She urges, not holding back. "It's always difficult the first time."

"First time?" I interrupt. My eyebrows curl, and I sit up a little straighter. "Does it happen more than once?" I question.

Her mouth straightens to a line with her eyes sympathetic. "It happens all the time in this life. Something bad that comes with the whole 'famous' life." She explains.