Chapter Thirty-Seven

"He had a little issue below the equator... if you know what I mean" -Mia Diamante

----------

A L L Y ' S  P O V

My eyes open, and my sleep dissipates when I hear many repetitive footsteps outside my door. Someone was running up and down the halls. I tried, but I couldn't go back to sleep. Sitting up in my bed, I grabbed the phone off my nightstand. The first thing I see is many, many text notifications from Hudson.

 The first thing I see is many, many text notifications from Hudson

I chuckle to myself while reading all the texts. I decided that I was going to see if Hudson is here or is at Tanner's house. I move the covers to get out of the clutter of sheets. I open my door to find Mia's wide open and Hudson's closed shut. Walking across the hallway, I hear talking downstairs, but I ignore it and enter the room.

The lights are off with the fan on, the sun is streaming through the large windows. Hudson's laying down with no shirt on, the duvet covering his lower half. His arms are spread like a Jesus statue, and his face is digging into his pillow. His phone rests around three inches from his pillow, perfect for his range.

I understand why Mia is up, with it being Christmas and all. I believe that as Hudson's girlfriend, I have the authority to wake him up in the nicest and calmest of ways.

"Hudson!" I yell loud enough to wake him up, but not loud enough to where the others would hear it downstairs.

He started to stir around at my outburst, turning to lay on his back but fell back asleep once again. "Stage two," I whisper to myself, walking up to his side of the bed. I climb on him, having my legs straddle his torso. I took a picture of our position before laying myself forward, so it was my front to his back.

"Babe," I whisper in his ear. I moved my arms, so they rest on the edges of his chest. "Babe," I repeat, slower this time.

"What?" He groans, annoyed by the disturbance. "Let your amazing boyfriend sleep."

I kiss his temple, that's a bold step. He thinks he's special. "I can't do that."

"Why?" He slurs still halfway in sleep.

"BECAUSE IT'S CHRISTMAS!" I yell, in the same voice as earlier. With that, he shoots up, his back popping in the process. I slip off his chest, falling onto the hardwood floor. "Lovely."

I expected Hudson to laugh or react at all to my falling accident. But he just sat on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. I hear his groans of pain, making me realize that he's probably hungover.

I make a small sound of realization before fast-walking to the bathroom looking for a medicine cabinet. Luckily I found a bottle of Advil, so I took it with me back to Hudson.

I grabbed his water bottle off the dresser and sat my weight on one leg on the mattress. He graciously took the medication bottle swallowing four pills in under fifteen seconds. I was just playing with the hair at the nape of his neck while waiting for him to be done.