009 : imagine

( 009 )IMAGINE❝ BUT SHE'S WANTED THIS FOR SO LONG!ME AND TOM, TOM AND I

( 009 )
IMAGINE
BUT SHE'S WANTED THIS FOR SO LONG!
ME AND TOM, TOM AND I.

⋆。˚ ✩

AS THE MONTH SHIFTED INTO FEBRUARY, NOTHING MUCH HAD CHANGED REGARDING SCARLETT'S SITUATION WITH HER FAMILY. Her father had had one conversation with Scarlett since, and she told him that she wasn't going to annul the marriage or make a whole court case against it when they can actually work themselves out. Camila wanted to call Scarlett - she really did, but when you're a newlywed and a new mother whilst trying to get your career started again, it was too much on her mind. Joan, however, was too much like her daughter; extremely stubborn. Neither of them wanted to speak to one another.

Scarlett was driving in her car on the way to visit her mother-in-law back in Kingston, where Scarlett hadn't been in almost a year, to try and get some advice from the woman who knew Joan more than anyone else: the person who is her best friend - and has been for over forty years.

The nostalgia almost rushed over Scarlett, back in her hometown for the first time in a long, long while, and her life has drastically shifted from when she was last visiting her mother or at the Holland household, or even her house she shared with Tom once upon a time, all the way hidden from any paparazzi or fans, it was home.

"You seem to be in a bit of pickle, eh?" Nikki sighs as she opens the door to Scarlett, giving her a warm and welcoming hug as her family friend (now daughter-in-law) stepped into her home. Scarlett nods in return, taking the freshly-made tea into her hands, warming them to make them feel almost like toast.

"I know what she's like, but she's also wanted this for so long! Me and Tom, Tom and I, together at last." Scarlett complains, frowning deep. Nikki puts her arms around Scarlett, rubbing it soothingly. She may be grown enough, but everyone still needs a mother in their life.

"She just wanted to see it happen. I know it was a spur-of-the-moment thing, believe me it took a long, long time for me to calm down when Joan told me. Tom explained it all now, but you just need space from your mother."

"Is she in?" Scarlett sniffs, sipping her tea so Nicola wouldn't be able to see her tears that have accumulated in the mean time. Nikki shakes her head, deflating Scarlett even further.

"She's with your dad, surprisingly." Nikki mumbles, and Scarlett raises an eyebrow.

"With Cammie?"

"'Fraid not."

Scarlett raises her eyebrows, totally in shock. It seemed to be that her parents were allowed to try and give their relationship another go, but she can't with Tom.