020 : can we get back to the way it was?

( 020 )CAN WE GET BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS?❝ I LOVE YOU

( 020 )
CAN WE GET BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS?
I LOVE YOU. SO MUCH.

𝔦𝔪𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔢

scar 🤡🖤
hey there munchkin ! ino ur
busy doing final touches on
cherry (imy btw), but i recorded
this song while i was in la w
victoria n zendaya and it's kinda rly
important to me that u hear it before
the album comes out.

scar 🤡🖤
attachment: ghostin.mp3

scar 🤡🖤
loving you lots. dying my hair !!!
i'm rly scared god

munchkin 🤡♥️
course i will ! i'll listen to it when
i get back to the hotel :))

munchkin 🤡♥️
miss u too loads, show me a pic
of ur hair ! first time in 30 years
you've decided to listen to me and
go blonde temporarily 😚

TOM HADN'T TAKEN NOTICE OF THE TITLE OF THE SONG SCARLETT HAD SENT HIM UNTIL HE WAS SAT HOME ALONE, FINGER HOVERING OVER THE ATTACHMENT. Scarlett had been pretty open with her husband about songs she had written on the album, but he knew there would be some surprises when it came to release day. Seeing that one of these surprise songs had come two months early meant it was most definitely important.

Ghostin. Was it sad? Was it about the past? Tom couldn't tell just by the title. Any issue Scarlett had dealt with, he had dealt with her. So to think that maybe there was something else, it scared Tom. It scared him to know Scarlett had probably faced something alone, and he hated he feeling.

Eventually, he clicked the link, and the incoming strings fading into the intro of the song meant Tom had to sit down and listen properly. It was most definitely a sad song.

He analysed the lyrics as they played in his ears, his breath hitching and tears welled up in his once dry eyes as he did. He knew what Scarlett was talking about. She wrote this song for him, an apology to him, for being messy and heartbroken, but what Scarlett never realised was that Tom loved her more for it every single day.

The first line of the song struck him the most; i know you hear me when i cry, i try to hold it in at night. For the first six or even seven months since her and Theo's wedding day, she cried herself to sleep. Tom'd try not to move or make any sound so she could release her emotions and make sure she'll let it all out, but sometimes he couldn't stand it, making a slight movement of his leg so it brushed against Scarlett's in bed. She'd freeze up, breathe deeply, wait until Tom had really gone to sleep, and cried again.

When the pair got back together, Tom was overwhelmed by the joy of their reunion that he forgot about the past pain that he and Scarlett kept taboo between them. They often spent nights apart when Scarlett went to record music and Tom worked, but those nights they spent in Cleveland, one of them he heard it again. The silent tears.

At this point, Tom was sobbing uncontrollably by himself in a hotel room in Los Angeles. His eyes were red raw, his hair a mess as he repeatedly ran his hands through his hair, the tears sticky as they dried across Tom's face and chin. It was difficult to get through the entire song in one sitting, and he couldn't even imagine how long it would've taken Scarlett to record it all. He was crying because he was upset, yes, he was reminded of a past trauma for him, but his tears were deep down those of pride for his wife. For being able to do a task so immense and beautiful contained in a few short verses.

The song made him realise that officially, Tom and Scarlett have only beem together for nine months, but they have loved one another for almost twenty years. It was always Scarlett, past all the girls he'd dated and dumped, he always saw Scarlett as his light at the end of the tunnel. He loved her more than any being, and would hurt his heart whenever he thought about Scarlett's pain, but he knew it would be okay, because he was there to help her every step of the way. As his best friend and as her spouse.

Finding his phone after wandering off into crevice of his hotel room, he immidiately goes to Scarlett's number, pressing dial and waiting for her to pick it up, the ringing tone almost irritating him as he waited.

Finally, the ringing cut off. "Hey there, darling ! How was your day?" Scarlett's sweet, innocent, perfect voice run through Tom's ears, his lips curling upwards in an automatic response to it.

"I love you. So much. The song, Scarlett, I-" Tom stops for a monent of breath, still sobbing and also talking extremely fast, his breath unable to catch up with the emotion
"You are so brave. And never have to apologise for what that man did to you. We're a team, you and me. It took us a while, but we figured out how to be a good one. You're my other half, and I can't have it any other way. Seriously, it was great." Tom finishes, out his breath from his sprinting speech, and now Scarlett recieved this by crying with her love, biting her lip lovingly.

"You really loved it?" She cries through the phone, telling that she was also smiling.

"More than anything. I love you."

"And I love you too, Tom."

⋆。˚  ✩

felt sad so did this. also how hard is it for u ghosties not to vote? smh. best get more than 33 votes, cos ngl thats disappointing when i ac put a lot of effort into this.

thank u for 32k xxx