050 : the last hurrah

( 050 )THE LAST HURRAH❝ I'M READY FOR THE REST OFMY LIFE TO BE FILLED WITHNOTHING EXCITING ❞

( 050 )
THE LAST HURRAH
❝ I'M READY FOR THE REST OF
MY LIFE TO BE FILLED WITH
NOTHING EXCITING ❞

𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧

Today was the kind of day that would br forever etched into the minds of Scarlett, Tom and Zendaya. They became used to the group of four being downsized to a trio, getting used to life without Oliver's wit, humour or smile to better their days in a heartbeat. On occasion, Scarlett found herself sitting in the bathroom post bath or shower, her phone in her hand as she played videos she took of Oliver over and over again for almost twenty minutes, just to hear his voice.

Her and Tom decided to let their children know og their best friend when they were old enough to understand. The twins were already trying to walk and had spoken their first words— life still kept going at a million miles an hour for everyone.

But everyone allowed themselves to let the world slow down for today.

"We said we'd meet Daya— ten minutes ago! Tom!" Scarlett called up the stairs, waiting for her husband to come down and so they could meet with their best friend at a flower shop a good twenty minute drive away. She huffs in a little bit of panic as she readjusts her daughter on her hip, a tiny yellow summer dress and white sandals adorning her tiny body, her wild curly brown hair tied into a small ponytail to rid her neck of the summer heat.

There was a loud bang heard upstairs, followed by a small curse from Tom as he emerges running down the stairs carrying his son and the baby bag  full of all the necessary items needed when taking two babies out for just the morning. "The bottles were hidden at the back of the cabinet, I couldn't find them anywhere!"

It was a stressful situation after a panicked morning when the couple woke up late after being kept up half the night by two children wanting a million things at 3am, but a adoring smile crept onto Scarlett's lips, dismissing the situation as all she wanted to do was break down in a fit of giggles. They were two very different people to how they were just a few years back.

Packed and ready in the car, Scarlett took one last glance at her babies, who were each occupying themselves, the little boy shoving his mop of equally curly hair out of his eyes.

"Maybe we should give James a haircut or something before the party, poor thing can't see." She chuckles, making Tom turn around to his son, his own smile trickling onto his lips. His stare turns to his little girl, his princess, watching her blow a kiss to him, which he caught in his hand and kissed her back.

Turning back to his wife, Tom leans back in his car seat, "Can't wait to see how long Ruby's hair'll grow, it seems to never slow down."