25. I want Chocolate

Amir's POV

Amir's POV

Layla is going with me to London.

What if she finds out what happened to my mother? What will her reaction be then? Will she blame me like I do?

I suddenly got nervous while all kind of thoughts spined in my mind. When father told me that I was going I thought of how much I'll miss Layla and even ask father if she could go with me but when it happened for real I had doubts.

I don't want her to know about my past.

"Amir?" A voice echoed and I snapped from my thoughts.

"Are you okay son?" It was Layla's mother.

"Yeah, sorry. You were saying?" I looked at Layla. Today she's been avoiding me a lot. I looked for her at school and didn't find her.

I didn't really mean to stand half naked in front of her this morning. She looked disappointed somehow, I wonder why...

"I was asking if you will also play on the upcoming tournament next week." She kindly repeated herself.

You can really notice that Layla has more of the attitude of her father than her mother. Her mother reminds me of my own. Kind, loving and caring.

"Yes, I'll play basketball."

"That's really great, we definitely be there to root for you two." Her father gestured to me and Layla.

"You guys better win." The little brother narrowed his eyes and Layla smiled as she punched his cheeks and said "of course we'll win who do you think we are?"

And the conversation got long. We talked about everything as the time went by fast. Before we know it we were on our way home.

Layla rode with me just when we came here. The ride was silent but not before Layla broke the silence.

"You know if you don't want me to go to London with you, you just could have said it."

So that's why she looked disappointed the entire dinner. She actually thought I didn't want her with me. On the contrary actually, I want want her beside all the time, every hour.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked nonetheless.

She turned to face and I felt her gaze while I focused on the road.

"You looked unhappy after your father suggested it." Her voice was calm but I could sense her nerves ticking.

"I was thinking Layla, I wasn't unhappy."