28. I'll be there

I didn't pick up, why should I? He can go back where he came from

He can go back where he came from.

To Zahra.

I hanged up on him but a second later a message popped up on my notification bar.

'If you don't come out of your friend's house, I'll barge through. I don't care if her family is sleeping.'

My friend's house? How did he-

Scarlett.. she actually snitched on me.
No he wouldn't, Latifa's parents is home, sleeping. I can't bother them in their own house. They came home late and are probably tired from the work.

'Go away!' I replied.

Immediately he wrote back. 'Don't test me Layla. You know I would really break that door.'

That's it, I'll put him in his place. Last time I wasn't prepared but now... he will see.

I got up and quietly put on my pair of black jeans and a grey hoodie that I found in latifa's closet as I wrapped my black scarf on my head.

I walked with my toes, not wanting to make a sound, to the door. When I went outside I saw Amir facing me.

"What do you want from me?" I hissed. "Why don't you go back in Zahra's arms? You guys looked good together."

He looked at me and suddenly grabbed my wrist and dragged me.

Why does he keep dragging everywhere?

"What are you doing? Let go of me!" I tried to pull his hand away but his grip was solid.

He whirled around and said "You want to know what I do every night? Well then I'll show you." He opened his car and forced me in.

"What? No! I don't want to know!" I glared at him from the window until he sat beside me.

The curiosity in me got better of me. I think that's why I stopped fighting him. He didn't speak through the whole ride. And neither did I, I looked away from him with my arm crossed. The little clock on the car read 2:45, it was a wonder I was not sleepy.

The ride was surprisingly short and out of the city. Somewhere dark. Ya Allah, what if he wants me dead because I saw him with Zahra?

Was that a sacred secret that shouldn't be witnessed by anyone?

"Where are we?" I asked with a shaky voice.