dos

Ray and her mother sat in the first pew of the church. Today was her brother's funeral, it was a sad day for their whole neighborhood. Everybody knew Keyontae, everyone loved him. He was the goofy kid that was always smiling. He offered to take the old folks trash out even mow their lawns. He was an amazing friend and an even better father figure to Ray.

His last words still ring in her head. She needed to know who Qu- was. Maybe he or she knew who had done this to her brother.

The funeral service was almost over and they were wheeling the casket down the isle and into the lobby to allow people to say their last good-byes.

Tears ran down her face, her mother's face was as still as a statue. She was yet to shed a tear since that night after her brother was murdered. She was feelings a mixture of regret and pain. She felt like she failed her duty as a mother.

All of his friends sat in the third row of the pews, Ray only knew a few of them. Mostly the ones that got rides from her mom. A couple of them had tears running down their face and the others sat looking forwards, their faces full of emotions. Mostly anger as they stayed mostly silent.

After the casket made it's way all the way down the isle his friends came up and hugged Ray and her mother.

"Aye look, if y'all need anything and I mean anything let me know and one of us will come running."
Keyontae's friend Israel said.

Her mom nodded and gave him a hug, a single tear cascaded down her cheek before she blinked it away to her best ability. She was now full on balling, her arms remained wrapped around Israel.

Ray felt a pair if eyes on her, she turned her head quickly and her eyes were met with a pair of hazel ones.

"Qua!"
A girl that Ray recognized from Keyontae's clique rose her voice at him her name was LaTayaa.
The name Qu- flipped a switch in her head, he must have meant Qua.

He paid her no mind and continued to stare her down.

"Quavious, stop staring at Ray-Ray like a serial killer."
Qua nodded his head still staring at her. Ray turned her head to the side about to say something to him. But before she could he quickly walked away.

She shook the uneasy feeling off as she walked away from her mom and Keyontae's friends and into the lobby of the church.

It was now mostly empty, only a couple people standing around. She walked over to her brothers casket, she observed his burial outfit and cracked a smile.

A red and white stripped, colared Polo shirt was tucked into a pair of light blue denim jeans. He wore a couple gold Cuban linked chains, a gold Rolex graced his left hand, set to the time of 4:15pm. On his feet were a pair of brand new, red and white Jordan 6's.

His friends had placed a last 20 Swisher Sweet packets into his Jean pockets. She slightly rolled her eyes and sighed. She ran her hand over his head full of waves. His skin looked a little duller than usual due to the makeup used by the funeral home.

Feeling the tears running down her face she blinked vigorously trying to get them to clear up, but they kept coming. Soon she was silently balling her eyes out.

"I miss you so much already Tae-"
She stared choking on her tears.

"I don't know what I'm going to do, Ma is going to go crazy. I see it already. I need you Tae, I really do."