nueve

Sitting in the back of the classroom Ray's gel pen ran across her paper-- trying to keep up with the information on the slide and the information that was spewing from her teacher's mouth. The bell finally rung and she hurried to pack her things up and scurry out of the classroom.

"Hold up-- The bell doesn't dismiss you. I do and I ask Ms.Jackson to stay behind after class."
Her teacher-- Mr.Sampson spoke, then continuing to spit a couple more facts out about the development of Ancient Mesopotamia.

"Now you may go."
There was a rush of nervousness that rushed over Ray as she was now left alone with Mr.Sampson.

They hadn't had the best student teacher relationship. He made vulgar and demanding comments towards her-- implying things that she couldn't imagine doing to him.

"Yes Mr.Sampson."
She saw that awful grin on his face as she tried to keep as much distance away from him as possible. He held the upper hand in their power dynamic and she hoped that he would not used it against her.

He walked over towards her-- backing her in a corner of the classroom. His deep, dark brown eyes dipping into hers.

Lord-- get this man away from me.
Ray repeated over and over again in her head.

"I heard what happened to your brother-- I'm so sorry to hear that."
She cringed at the words-- his hand crept around her torso, feeling her up.

"Please move, I have to get to class."
She begged him-- not wanted this to go any farther.

A chuckle erupted from his throat.
"Of course you do. But if you don't do as I say-- you will fail this class."
And there is was as clear as day. He was using his role to dictate her. His words cut her like a blade.

She felt her skin crawl as his hand slithered up her shirt.
"Stop!"
She yelled snatching away from him-- his smirk fell and a scrowl of anger replaced it.

"Hmm- you must want a D on that history test."
She felt herself about to break down until she noticed a camera in the top corner of the room.

"Just leave me alone."
She said right above a whisper-- she hurried to grab her bag and jog to her next class.

She just knew that there was no way she could finish out this semester with Mr.Sampson.

○○○○

"How was school Ray?"
Her mother slurred as Ray come through the door.

"It was ok momma."
Even though she was drunk off her ass-- she was happy that she was speaking to her now.

"That's good baby. Come give me a hug."
Ray's lip quivered-- placing her bookbag on the chair, then going to hug her moma.

"Mommy I'm scared."
Ray sniffled as her mom wrapped her arms around her.

"Momma's baby isn't supposed to scared of anything."
The stinch of alcohol clear on her tongue.

"I know-- but there's a teacher that keeps trying to get my to do stuff that I don't want to and--"
She started to say something about what happened at the party, but realized that she hadn't told her about it.

"He's trying to make you do stuff to him baby?"
Sge pulled back from the hug placed a hand under Ray's face.

She nodded.
"He keeps threatening to fail me if I don't."

"When I-I- I sober up, I'll go to the school board-- did it happen today? Is there a recording."
Ray nodded allowing her mom to wipe the tears off her face.

"Ok momma."
She buried her face in the crook of her neck-- not caring that she reeked of Hennessy and cigarettes.

"Is there something else you wanted to tell me."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Ok baby."
She replied, ignoring the gut feeling that it something way more serious than was was being revealed to her.

They sat on the couch, in each others arms. Soon they both drifted to sleep.

○○○○

What you doing rn?
Qua🖤

Ray's phone vibrated-- interrupting her studying. A smile crept onto her face as picked up her phone and saw it was Qua.

Nothing, studying.
Little One

Call me real quick.
Qua🖤

Picking up her phone she pressed call, after two rings he picked up.

"You good?"
He questioned her as soon as their lines connected.

"Yeah why?"
Ray answered-- hoping that her mom hadn't told him or Israel.

"You lying to me now?"
She sighed.

"I didn't want to bother you or-"

"You can't bother me ma. Now come open the door."
Getting up, she walked out of her room, down the hallway-- passing Tae's room and towards the front door.

She opened the door and let him in. She turned to walk back towards her room-- his hand turned her back around, making her face him.

"Oh so ain't gonna give me a hug? It's like that? Give me a hug so we can talk."
He held a smirk on his face as he watched her roll her eyes and wrap her arms around his waist.

His arms snaked around her shoulders-- rocking them side to side. Releasing her from the hug he closed the door behind them, and followed her to her room.

"Tell me about your day- all of it."
He kicked off his shoes-- stripped to his basket-ball shorts.

"I went to school- had classes and came home."
She tried to not make it seem like she was leaving something out.

"Your mom told Israel and he told me. So wassup? How long this been happening?"
She stayed quiet.

"Huh? Talk to me. Ain't nothing going to happen to you-- I put that on everything. I swea'."
He pulled her from her spot and against his chest.

"Atleast tell me this nigga name."
He pleaded with her.

"Mr.Sampson, Dana Sampson."
A wave of relief washed over her as her body relaxed into his.

"Ok."
His hands played in her hair up until she fell asleep against his chest.

Gathering his things- he sent out a text.

Dana Sampson, find him. I want him.