catorce

SHORT CHAPTER💙

"Tae you gotta come back!"
Ashantè frantically whispered into the phone.

"Why I need to come back for? Qua and them still taking care of my mother and Ray right?"
Keyontae asked.

"Qua shot Ray."
Keyontae removed the phone from his ear, confused on what he just heard.

"You shitting me? She good?"
Ashantè shook her head.

"She's dead Tae. He killed her Tae."
Ashantè felt guilty for keeping this big of a secret from her bestfriend but it was for the best.

"I'll be there tomorrow. I'll catch the first flight down there. "
Keyontae sigh-- trying to keep the tears from cascading down his face.

He would have never thought that his bestfriend would hurt his little sister. The one he had leave on a life of death situation. He had people after him, his family. And he didn't need them being hurt after his devilish ways. He had to leave, fake death to get away. He knew he wouldn't be able to live with himself if his mom or his baby sister got hurt or killed.

But there he was. His little sister gone, and it was his fault. His heart pounded in his chest as he tried to not to think of all the ways he could kill Quavious. He knew he shouldn't have left Quavious to look after her, knowing he was bipolar as all get out should have told him something. But of course he acted first and thought later.

He just wouldn't have thought that he would take his sister's life. Too bad that Keyontae would have to take his.

○○○○

"Qua you did what?"
Israel held Qua by the collar of his shirt, his eyes were wide in shock-- yet his heart thumbed at a fast pace.

If he shot Ray like he said he did and she was dead like Qua said she was-- that could only mean one thing. Tae was going to come back and it wasn't going to be pretty.

Out of the two that knew Keyontae was still alive-- Israel and Ashantè. Israel was the most nervous for his return. A hell was about to break loose and Qua was going to be on the recieving end of it.

"I killed her."
Tears formed in Qua's eyes.

"I didn't mean to kill her. I didn't mean to kill her. I didn't mean to hurt her."
Qua kept repeating in his head as the voice stirred up trouble.

"Man listen you got to turn yourself in or leave town because-"
Israel caught himself before slipping up.

"I didn't mean to. I was mad because I got jumped. I didn't take my medication on time so the voices were talking and I couldn't control myself. My moods switched and--."
He didn't mean to hurt her.

"Man look you my man Qua, but I can't stand behind you on this one. You got to go."
Israel let go of his shirt before pushing him away.

"Israel man I can't go back to jail."
Qua felt his world come crashing down onto his shoulders.

"Oh trust me, somebody is going to you before the police do."
Israel thought.

"Qua you got to go."
Israel stated yet again opening the door and staring into his eyes.

Reluctantly walking out of the door he looked back at Israel and got into his car. Where was he to go now.

News of Ray's death was all over the news-- with descriptions that fit Quavious's exactly from eye witnesses. Qua was trapped and there was no way out. Shaking off the thoughts he put his car in reverse and backed out of Israel's drive way.

"I didn't mean to hurt her."

○○○○

"My baby."
Ray's mom sobbed as she stared at the TV. She had just gotten back from identifying Ray's body. Her heart was broken into two.

Both of her children gone in the spand of barely a year.

The news kept reporting her death-- updating with new updates on the suspect.
"My baby is gone."
She cried and cried. Feeling anger build up inside of her she crew the glass in her hand across the room. It fell to the ground and scattered into a thousand tiny pieces-- like her heart.

Hyperventilating she clutched her chest and sobbed. She flipped the glass table over and let out a scream of rage. She felt terrible-- for not being a mother to Ray, getting drunk off of her ass instead of being there for her as a mother. She let out a loud cry, being empty inside.

"I miss my babies. I want my babies back."
She sobbed into her hands.

○○○○

"Shelly did you see the news?"
Qua's mother's friend, Diana asked her over the phone.

"I did."
Shelly was still in disbelief, she couldn't believe that her son would do something like that. And she definitely couldn't believe that he would hurt Ray.  

"I just can't believe him."
She vented to Diana.

"Me either. I watched that boy grow up and I can't even image what you're thinking or feeling."
Diana said as she watched Qua's picture pop up on the screen after the picture of Ray drifted away.

"I'm shocked, confused, hurt. I don't know how to feel. I can't imagine him doing that to her, he was in love with Ray. He would do anything for her. I don't understand Diana."
She took a pull from her blunt.

"And I loved that girl like my own. I swear I did. I don't want to loose my son to the system again"
Tears continuously streamed down her face.

"I know Shelly I know. We'll get through this together-- I swear we will. With the help of the lord, we'll get through this together."

S.C

ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT UNTIL I COMPLETE THIS SHORT NOVEL. I WILL BE PUBLISHING ANOTHER STORY WHEN I FINISH THIS STORY‼