ocho

After the fight-- Quavious made her go sit in the car to cool off. She sat there for atleast 30 minutes-- shaking in pure anger. She had the right to be mad. Someone she sure as hell didn't know and she was sure her brother didn't know her either was speaking on them and her situation. She had the right to beat her ass well.

"You cooled off enough now little one?"
Quavious slid into the driver's seat and cranked the car up.

Ray cracked a smile and nodded a bit, still staring out the window.
"Good, can't have you out here jumping on grown ass men."
He mumbled the last part.

"You so wrong for that-"
Ray's laugh broke her tense silence.

"What am I lying? She look like a nigga. And you too pretty to be fighting anyways. What you think Tae would think about that? You fighting to defend his name but you know he wouldn't want that."
He looked over at her for a quick second and pulled off.

"I know-- I know. But I just got so angry. All that angry I've been holding jm since the day he passed just-- it just exploded. She was the people to trigger it and she was the frist person to get laid out."
Ray shrugged, no longer wanting to be involved in the conversation.

"You can't just bottle up emotions like that-- you got to talk to somebody or its gonna end up like it did today. Or maybe worst."

"Who am I supposed to talk to? Tae is gone! My moma barely even know my fucking name anymore! I don't have anybody-- You just came out of the sky and you expect me to open up to you?"
Tears came streaming down her face like clockwork-- she was almost out of tears to cry.

He pulled over on the side of the road and got walked over to her side.
"Look come here."
He pulled her into his chest and she cried on his chest.

"Yes I want you to talk to me-- I need you to talk to me. I can't let you beat yourself up over something you couldn't help Ray. You need to do what's best for you. You got to move one ight little one?"
She nodded-- still sniffling.

"Nah what I done told you about that nodding shit. I can't read sign language ma."
A giggle escaped her lips as she hugged him back.

"Yeahhh- let me see that pretty smile."
She could've sworn a couple of butterfly's were attacking her stomach.

He used his index finger to lift her chin and stare into her eyes.
"So you ain't gon' smile for a nigga? Ight bet."
He began to tickle her chin with his fingers.

"Ahh there you go."
He bit down on his lip, looking down at her.

His glance made her feel small-- safe in a sense. She hadn't smiled like this in the past couple of months it had been since her brother passed-- and now in the matter of two days he had her cheesing like a Cheshire cat.

"Quavious! Stop tickling me!"
She moved from his grip and held a mug on her face.

"Ight- Ight. Let's go."
She got in the car and he walked over to the drivers side. He started the car again and pulled off.

They drove around in a comfortable silence as Roddy Ricch's The Box flowed through the car.

"You wanna grab something to eat before I drop you off?"
His sudden outburst scared her half to death as she scrolled through Instagram.

"Yeah-- that's fine."

"What you want to eat?"
She shrugged.

"It doesn't matter."
He rolled his eyes slightly.

"Ok so how bread and butter sound?"
He said to get under her skin.

Ray sucked her teeth.
"I want Bojangles."

"Yeah that sound better than bread and butter."
He chuckled

"You stay bullying me."

"It's not bullying if you like it."
He laughed once again. He knew what he was doing

○○○○

After he took her to get her food rode around and ate their food together-- conversating.

"You ready little one?"
He looked over at her as she stuffed her face with the seasoned french fries.

She looked up like a chickmunk caught eating acorns.
"Hm?"
She finished eating her fries and answered him.

"Oh yeah-- I'm ready."
She lied through her teeth-- she didn't want to go back home. Home felt so different now, her mom-- She barely spoke to her anymore. She was too drunk to even look her way.

"Ight."
He took their boxes and put them into a plastic bag and began to pull off in the direction of her house.

They arrived in the spand of 15 minutes and he walked her in. It was empty, her mom wasn't home. She didn't want to be alone.

"Your mom ain't home?"
She shook her head.

"I'll stay for a little so you won't be too lonely."
She nodded and led him in the direction of the back towards her room.

"You can stay here and watch TV untill I get out of the shower, the- then you can leave."
He heard in her voice that she didn't want him to go. She didn't want to be alone.

"Ight-- go ahead and handle your business."
He sat down at her desk and began to scroll through his phone.

She got her shower stuff together and went into the bathroom. Quavious decided to walk around the house-- he ended up wondering into Tae's room.

It looked untouched, his glock rested on his nightstand. He knew that Tae kept weed and stacks of money in his box spring. Tae always said "Just in case."

He heard the water stop and made his way back into her room to wait for her to come back in. She come in with her hair pulled up into a big puff on the top of their head, and spaghetti strap tee shirt and a pair of pink night shorts.

Qua eyed her as she placed her clothes into the dirty clothes hamper.
"Why didn't you turn the TV on?"
She asked him as she got comfort on her bed.

"Shit-- Ion even know."
He chuckled as he reached for the remote and went to HULU.

They sat around watching  some random movie that Qua picked until it was time for him to head out.

Just as he was about to pull away from their embrace she hugged him tighter.
"No‐ don't leave."

"I don't want to be alone."