seis

Qua stared at the man that had caused Ray to feel pain. His face just made him want to watch it melt off with acid. He sat there, tied up to a chair. Blood leaked from his face, for he had been jumped by the other guys before he had arrived.

"You a weak ass, bum ass, pussy ass nigga. You know that? You make my trigger finger itch."
The man didn't reply he just looked at him with a nasty ass smirk.

"Say sum' pussy!"
He barked at him.

"You know I laid her brother down too. Then I seen her with him when me and my brother laid that weak ass nigga down."
Qua's eye began to twitch. He has been looked for this nigga for the longest. He has the star tattoo and all.

Qua said nothing just stared at him with pure anger and disgust.
"Oh and her pussy. Boy that shit was good as hel-"
Not being able to listen to anymore of it he fired twice. His body slumped forward as blood streamed from his neck like a river.

Tears built up in his eyes, but he wouldn't let them fall. He needed to go see Tae.

○○○○

Pulling up to the grave yard, his feet lead him to his headstone.

In loving memory
of
KEYONTAE "TAE" JACKSON

His burial site was filled with flowers and other things left by his family and friend over the past two months. He took his jacket off, laid it in the dirt and sat on it.

"Wassup brother--"
He stared. The tears already threatened to fall, that was really his brother. And when he found out it died, it hit him like a ton of bricks.

"I been trying to get through it all and keep an eye on Ray and ma. It's hard but I'm getting through for you. Aye but that nigga that hurt Ray-- he outta here. I know you told me get a job and get outta this street shit-- it's hard. But Imma do it for you and Ray. Ma ain't been taking it too good. Israel be round the block checking on her everyday."
Quavious wasn't really the emotional type but it was some things that he need to vent about.

"Ray was talking to my mom and she said that she was drinking again. Ray been taking it one step at a time, I think imma let her go home tomorrow or sum'." But aye big bruh I'm bout to go check on some shit. Imma bring some flowers to you later this week--"
He stood and dusted his pants off, looking down at the tombstone.

"Don't let me forget either."
He turned and walked back to his car.

○○○○

Watching Ray from the doorframe of the guest bedroom, he took the time to admire her. She looked like her mother, both of them beautiful. She and Tae resembled each other a little bit, around the eye and nose area.

Her hair was curly and wild-- falling over her face, framing it perfectly. She one of his white tee's, it molded to her body perfectly. Along with a pair of pajamas pants his mother had given her. She had her knee's pulled up the chin as she watched some show on Netflix.

She had been type quite from the day she had been at his house. Qua didn't seen to mind, he observed her.

Her eyes drifted from the TV and to his tall dark figure leaning on the door frame. Their eyes met-- neither of them looking away. She sent a small smile his way, making him smile. Ray was a sweet girl, going down the wrong path. She had no father figure and a mother figure barely living in reality.

"You hungry or sum'? I know you tired of sitting in this house."
His voice was raspy sounding, deep and smooth like velvet. She nodded.

"Nah little one. Ion understand sign language."
He chuckled, his eyes searching her face of discomfort. Her eyes lit up instead, that was one of the names Tae called her.

"Yeah."
She spoke just above a whisper.

"Come on, let's get something to eat then."
He stood up straight waiting for her to get up.

"But I don't have anything to wear, I need to freshen up."
She swung her legs over the side of the bed.

"Aint nothing wrong with what you got on-- nope never mind. I'll see what I can find you. Gone head freshen up and I'll put whatever I find on the bed for you wear, ight?"
This was one of the first real conversations he was having with her and she appreciated how kind he was being to her.

"Ok."
She stood and walked into the bathroom that was connected to the room she was staying in.

He walked into his mom's room and searched through her draws to find some old clothes he knew that she couldn't wear anymore. Trying to find a pair of size 18 pants was easier than he thought. He found a pair of underwear still in the Victoria Secret bag with the tag still on. He hoped these were her size.

He went to his room to grab a random graphic tee that she could put on. After finding everything he placed her things on the bed. He heard her singing from the bathroom. The music played from her phone, Qua had finally given it back to her that morning.

"And we don't gotta be solo
Now stay away from highways
My eyes like them red lights
Right now I prefer yellow
Redbone, so mellow
Fuck 'round, be cutting you
Think we were better off solo--"
Her voice bounced off the shower walls and was slightly muffeled by the sound of the water, neither less she sounded good.

"I got that act right in the Windy city that night
No trees to blow through
But blow me and I owe you
Two grams when the sun rise
Smoking good, rolling solo--"
He walked out the room and not too long after the water stopped.

She body soaking wet, she wrapped a towel around her chubby body. She walked into the room and began to dry off. She lotioned body with some shea butter she found in the bathroom. The creamy texture felt so good against her skin, soothing it even more. She got dressed put on the oversized slides Qua had given her to walked around in. The hard wood floors were cold all year round.

She pulled the scrunchie out of the hair and let it fall around her face once again. She shook her hair around trying to let it fall naturally, how she wanted it to. She placed her phone in her back pocket and made her way to the living room.

Waking into the living room, Qua sat on the couch strolling through his phone. He looked up once he sensed her presence near him. He stood and towered over, his 5'11 over her around 5'2. He said nothing as his hazel eyes scanned her body for a couple of seconds.

She said nothing, not knowing what to say. The way his eyes looked over her every chance they got the time to made her body feel oddly tingly.
"You ready Ray?"
She started to nodded but quickly stopped herself.

"Yes, I'm hungry. I'm pretty sure you can hear my stomach growling."
She joked making him crack and smile. His pretty white teeth would make any girl smile all in his face. But she didn't. A little laugh fell from her mouth making Qua laugh too. Her little adorable laugh was contiguous.

"Ight let's go then little one."
His laughing ceased as he called for her follow behind him.

Little one, Tae I miss when you called me that. I miss you Tae.