diez

"Get off of me!"
Qua heard Ray scream from the kitchen of Israel's house.

He walked in and saw Teo with his hand wrapped around Ray's neck.

"Bruh what the hell?"
Qua jumped at Teo as he tried to square up with him.

"I ain't bout to fight you. But I swear if you say something out the way about Ray again-- Imma' smack the hell outta yo dumb ass."
Qua sized him up as he pulled up his pants that were sagging off of his waist.

"Nah fuck that bitch! She fucked my girl face up. Ion give a fuck if that was Tae sister."
Qua's fist automatically connected with his temple, Teo stumbled back.

"Ray leave."
She hesitated but once she saw the look in his eyes she scurried to the back with LaTayaa.

Ray and Keyontae were something sensitive to him, Ray was his baby. He watched out for her like his life depended on it and it did. And Tae-- their was relationship was something special. They were road dogs, going all the way back from 2nd grade.

"I told I wasn't trynna fight you, but you supposed to be my brother. Tae is our fucking brother man and he left us to take care of Ray and his moma bro. You keep coming out yo' mouth reckless."
Qua let him regain his composure before going to punch him again.

Before you knew it Qua had him on the ground as he kicked him in side. A trickled of blood ran the corner of Teo's mouth before he opened it to spit on Qua.

"You a dumb ass nigga, Tae ain't much fucking brother. That nigga probably in hell burning right now. Who you thought killed him?"
Teo smirked as Qua processed everything.

"The DRIVER had a star tattoo."
He remembered Ray telling him that over and over again.

"Come correct."
Qua got down on his knees to get face to with Teo.

"Imma bitch? Bet. But uou killed my brother huh?"
Qua asked face to face with him now.

He smiled wide as he witnessed Quavious pull out his gun.
"What! Oh no Quavious you're gonna shoot me?"
He fake cried. Quavious said nothing as he cocked his gun and pulled the trigger.

His fired five time, for Tae. He wasn't worried about the neighbors hearing, thanks to his silence. Israel and Maurice come rushing in and said nothing just began to process the scene and think of how to get rid of the body.

○○○○

Ushering Ray out of the house, he knew that she was shaken up from what just happened only a couple of hours earlier. He opened the door for her and allowed her to slide into the passenger's seat before closing her door.

Getting into he driver's seat he cranked up the car and waited no time pulli off.
"You need something from the store?"
Qua tried to take her mind off of almost dying for the second time in a row.

A sigh escaped her mouth as she shook her head.
"I know you want some Zaxby's."
Finally a smile appeared upon her face causing a smirk to dance onto his face.

"You swear you know me."
She laughed and waved him off.

"Of course I know you baby."
Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Baby."
She asked and turned her whole body to look at him. For some reason when he called her that it felt so-- right.

"Did I stutter?"
He chuckled.

A dark red blush appeared on her cheeks as she looked down and fiddled with her thumbs. Silence took over the as he pulled up to the Zaxby's.
"We going in."
He found a park and pulled into it.

He got out and went over to her side to let her out. He grabbed her hand and shut the door-- locking all the doors. She clung onto his arm as they walked inside. It was empty except the elderly couple sitting at a booth.
"Qua look-- their so cute."
He rolled his eyes at her playfully.

"Girl go ahead and order so I can get you home. You got school in the morning little one."

"Ok."
She let go of his arm and went up the counter to order her food. His stood behind her and watched her go back into her shell. She was shy, and didn't like talking to strangers-- even if it was just to order her food.

She ordered quickly and Qua handed the older white woman the money for her food. Before she knew it they called her ticket number. Once she got her food she went back over to Qua.
"Let's go."

"Ight."
He stood and led them back to his car.

Both of them got in and began the way back to her house. They drove in a comfortable silence with Qua's trap music playing in the background, she listened to him mumbled along to the lyrics.

They finally reached her house and she was her mom's car in the drive way. Her heart smiled, her mom was beginning stop drinking. Slowly but surely their relationship was finally coming back together-- like it was before Keyontae passed.
"I'll see you lata'."
He reached across the console to engulf her in a hug.

"Ok."
She smiled and climbed out of the car. His eyes never left her as he watched until she made it into the home.

He backed out of the drive way and took off down the street. He was alone.

○○○○
Driving around the city, Quavious' mind kept racing. Two of his brothers gone. And he was the cause of one, his heart fought with his mind each and every second since he pulled that trigger-- five times.

The image of Keyontae's body in that casket kept replaying in his head. His hands gripped the steering tight until his knuckled turned white.

The way Teo's body dropped and blood began to spill all over the kitchen floor gave him chills. Of course that wasn't his first body, but he had never killed someone so close to him. Someone he thought he could trust. He gritted his teeth just thinking of it.

"Snake ass nigga fooled the hell out of us."
A chuckled of pure venom came straight from his belly a s erupted from his throat.

He shook his head trying to fight off the tears that were threatening to spill from his eyes. His breathing began to become choppy and his throat began to dry and close. The tears fell as his car began to drive in the direction of a familiar house.

Picking up his phone he dialed her number.
"Yes?"
She answered chewing her wings.

"Can you come outside real quick?"
He managed to choke out.

"What's wrong Qua?"
He shook his head.

"Nothing, just come outside for me."
He hung up and stepped out of car to wait for Ray.

The front door opened and her full figure appeared in the doorframe. She walked down the stairs and over to him.
"Aww pookie-- what's wron-"
He cut her off by pulling his body into hers and holding on tight. His tears spilled onto her shirt.

Saying nothing as he slipped onto his knees in the middle of the drive way. Her hands rubbed hers head and she wrapped her arms around his neck. He buried his head into her stomach and he continued to cry into her shirt.

"It'll be ok. Come on let's go inside."
He sniffled and obliged. He stood to his feet and took her hand as she lead him into the house and into her room.

"Go ahead and take a shower. You can use some of Tae's stuff."
He nodded and went to get a pair of boxers and basketball shorts.

"The bathroom is--"

"I know."
He said quietly and walked off to the bathroom. Hearing the shower start, she continued to eat and get ready for bed.

15 minutes passed and the water shut off, Ray threw her trash away and turned on some Netflix. She laid down and got some comfortable. Closing her eyes she felt the bed dip and Qua's body body cuddle up against hers. His arms wrapped around her chubby waist and his head laid against her back.

"Goodnight Qua."

"Goodnight little one."