siete

The next day rolled around and it was now Sunday. Ray was to go home today, she was sad she had to go. Her and Qua had spent some time together and she had to say that she enjoyed spending time with him. They talked about random things, avoiding the topic of her brother all together.

"Come on na' little one."
She heard Qua's voice boom, waiting on her to come on so he could take her home.

"I'm coming."
Her soft voice tugged a smirk on his face. She appeared in the living room with a small bag. He looked her up and down quickly before he grabbed her hand to lead her to the door.

"I know you ain't gone take my baby without letting her say bye."
Ms.Shelly said making Quavious huff. Ray removed her hand from his and turned to hug Ms.Shelly.

"Ma, you so extra. Let that girl go."
Ms.Shelly ignored him as she rocked herself and Ray side to side.

Ray laughed as she released her from the hug.
"Oh I'm going to miss you! You can come by any day you want to. You hear that Qua? If she call you and she wants to come by, you pick her up and you bring her. Or you call me and I'll get you baby."
Ms.Shelly walked into the kitchen to grab a plastic with two styrofoam plates in it.

"Here baby, you take this home. And makes sure you come by and see me."
Ms.Shelly smiled and hugged Ray once more before Qua grabbed her her hand and lead her to the car.

"I love your mom."
Ray teased him a little.

"Oh you got jokes? Her annoying ass, gotta love her though."
He said as he opened the door for her and placed her two bags in the back seat.

"I'm just kidding, but I really love her."

"Yeah little one, whatever."
He rolled his eyes slightly at her, she was beginning to grow on him.

"But ride with me somewhere before I drop you off."

"Where we going?"
Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Why you gotta be so noisy? Just sit back and ride. What? You think I'm gonna hurt you?"

"No but‐"

"Oh, ok I thought so."
She rolled her eyes at him.

"Your eyes are gonna get stuck like that."
He stared the car and pulled out of the drive way.

"You're a bully."
She giggled.

"Maybe you deserve it."
He smirked at her. If she didn't know any better, she would say that he was flirting with her."

○○○○

After a quick ride they pulled up to a house. It was nice looking from the outside.

"Come on little one."
She smiled everytime he called her that, it reminded her so much of her brother.

"Where are we?"

"A house."
He replied back smartly.

"Ouu- I just can't stand you."

"Well sit."
A chuckle erupted from his throat, deep and smooth. He grabbed her hand and pulled her from the car.

His arm wrapped around her shoulders.
"No but for real, these are friends of Tae's. But if you don't feel comfortable you can tell me and we can dip. I just came to pick some stuff up, chop it up then we can dip."

She nodded, he knew she saw type quite and shy. But he also knew that these people would do everything in their to make her feel special and safe. Him, Israel, LaTayaa, Maurice, and Teo loved Ray even before they had ever seen her. Tae talked about her like she as a precious China doll that if she was touched she would break. And that was how he viewed her. His baby sister that was now alone, without him.