↝ᴛᴡᴏ

"ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ᴍᴀɢɴɪғɪᴄᴇɴᴛ sᴏᴜʟ ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ʜᴇʀ sʜʏ"- ᴀᴛᴛɪᴄᴜs
•••

Lavender chose to stand between Number Five and Klaus as she held her black umbrella over her body much like the others had. They had all been standing in the rain ready to start their fathers funeral while avoiding each other's gazes. Lavender wasn't sure if she should attends the funeral like she had or to stay in the house giving the sibilant time to greave. But then she thought back to all the stories Number Five had told her about the wicked old man and she could careless if he didn't want her there, she had zero pity for the now dead man.

"Did something happen?" Grace now spoke up getting odd looks from her children in return.

"Dad died, remember?" Allison now spoke up as she looked at the Mother with a frown of the eyebrows.

"Oh... yes of course" Grace said sadly as she now looked away.

"Is Mom okay?" Allison asked no one in particular as Diego blinked their way.

"Yeah, yeah, she's fine. She just needs to rest, you know... recharge" Diego said quickly as Lavender took note about how quickly he took her side. She nearly smiled at the sight but knew it hadn't been the time.

"How come he doesn't have a umbrella? Am I using his?" Lavender asked Number Five worried.

"You're fine Lav he just likes to do things the complicated way, don't worry" Five quickly reassured her as she looked away with a nod.

"Want one?" Klaus nudged her and held out his cigarette to her.

"Oh, no thank you. Um, another time" she offered him a smile as he nodded her way with a shrug and took another hit of it.

"Whenever you're ready dear boy" Pogo said to Luther who looked the most sad out of all of them. He then poured their fathers ashes onto the ground. Lavender cringed softly as they all when into a pile and she then felt pity for the blonde who looked around awkwardly.

"Probably would have been better with some wind" Luther coughed awkwardly not getting a response.

"Would anyone wish to speak?" Pogo now spoke up again hoping to ease the awkwardness but everyone only stayed silent.

"Very well. In all regulars Sir Reginald made me what I am today. For that alone I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master, and my friend and I shall miss him ever much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy-" Pogo began sadly but Diego quickly cut him off.

"He was a monster" he said quickly getting a laugh from Klaus. The Hargreeves all looked his way along with Lavender.

"He was a bad person and a worse Father. The worlds better off without him" Diego said as he stared into space.

"Diego" Allison scolded him.

"My name is number two. You wanna know why? Because our father couldn't bother to give us actual names... he had Mom do it" Diego said as he pointed toward the blonde woman who held a smile.

"Would anyone like something to eat?" she asked kindly and looked around.

"No were okay Mom" Vanya told her as Grace frowned.

"Oh okay. How about you dear?" Grace said as she smiled toward Lavender.

"Maybe afterwards, thank you" Lavender said giving her a great full smile. Grace nodded as she smiled widely toward the brunette way.

"Look you wanna pay your respects? Fine, but at least be honest about the type of person he was" Diego said.

"You should stop talking now" Luther glared over toward his brother.