3.9

Loella pov

31 December, Tom's birthday and new years eve. Perfect for a romantic day, filled with love. Now, if you have not noticed yet, I was being sarcastic. Anyways, it was worth a try.

Today is a special day, probably a day filled with annoyance and short monotone fake polite answers. I did not attend any Christmas party at all, much to Riddle his dismay. Apparently he did not want to attend alone, which is something every teenager is familiar with, and he did not want to leave me alone.

'' There is no one there.'' Those words just kept on repeating itself in my head.

Flashback

'' What do you mean?'' I asked shakily as I turned my head to Riddle.

'' There is no one there, Loella. Tell me who you see.'' He replied calmly. I wanted to reply but my attention was taken away by the guy standing a few meters in front of us. How could he not see him? And then he spoke his few words,

'' I will see you in a while, Loella, same time, same place.''

I just stared at him, not understanding how he could perform such advanced magic. The way he spoke, his soft pink lips moving, while he slowly breathed out, the way I could hear is heartbeat from so close, even smell his peppermint breath.

'' Loella?'' I head Tom again, as he stroked some of my hair from my face. I snapped out of it, only now noticing that I had not even answer his question. I just ignored him, and stared ahead of me.

How was I going to explain this.

'' Just a guy that I used to know.'' I mumbled, not letting my eyes go anywhere but him.

He smirked and walked closer to me, his hand touched my face, and I tried not to wince. I looked at Riddle and his normal face expression turned into pure anger.

'' What was tha-'' He started but before he could finish

his sentence, the guy in front of me disappeared. But not without saying one last thing.

'' Cherish the things you have now, you might lose them.'' and he winked

End flashback

He had felt the dark presence of magic, at least I wasn't totally insane. I was pretty sure that Riddle would not be in the great hall for breakfast, and as I walked out of my dorm, I saw that he was not in the armchair either.

Guess I will have to visit him in his own dorm. I actually don't want to waste my time on being nice and giving someone a good day. But it is not like I am the only one that has to participate in it behaving like a sweet couple.

Seconds later I barged into his dorm, by muttering a spell to unlock the door on my way. His head snapped up and when he saw it was me, he raised his perfectly shaped eyebrow. He had a book in his hands, and it looked like he was not even going to think about leaving his dorm for the day.

'' May I ask why you storm into my room and such an unexpected hour?'' He said. And now it was my turn to raise my eyebrow, I looked at the little clock that stood on his nightstand and saw that is was 5 AM.
It is indeed, not very strange that he was not yet in the great hall.

I was thinking about how I was going to explain myself, but the following words left my mouth already.

'' Happy birthday, Tom.''       

'' Thank you. Come here.'' He said and patted the place on the bed next to him.

For some twisted and awful reason I obeyed and sat down next to him. He wrapped his left arm around my shoulders, and pure out of comfort, I rested with my head against his chest.