4.9

she hurried back to Carina her room, only to meet her looking bad and pale in her bed.

She gulped and speeded towards the ill girl. '' Carina.'' She whispered, hoping for some sort of a reaction, or at least an indication that she was alive. ''Carina, can you hear me? Please wake up.'' she whispered again.

She began to feel panicked and anxious, usually she would wake up from the slightest noise. It was nothing new that she looked like this, but this time there was so sign of life coursing through her body.

With a trembling hand she touched the girl's forehead, only to feel stone cold skin. Loella her breathing quickened and her heartbeat was significantly higher than it had ever been. Because of this, she snapped slightly out of it, and checked the pulse of the girl next to her.

A small gasp left Loella her lips, as she stumbled backwards. There was no pulse, no sound in the bedroom, but her own breaths and heartbeat. ' at least we know my heart is still beating'  she thought trembling.

She wanted to cry and scream, but all she could think of was the guilt that was unmistakably evident on her face. She looked one more time at the blue eyes, that no longer had the vibrant glow of life. Even though the both of them saw it coming, it still was a big kick in the face. 'I was supposed to be there.' She thought with anger. 'Because I was so selfish, I broke my promise. I broke the promise, she probably died with the idea of being alone. No one was with her.'

And so her grieve was quick to be replaced by anger. She felt aggravated beyond, she was angry at her self, and at her parents. They were so consumed with making her better, to find a cure, that they forgot to cherish even a single moment with their daughter. Whenever they were around her, they would do nothing but scolding.

Even though the girl was sad, furious and still slightly panicked, she knew what she had to do. So with those thoughts in her head she turned around, and for the first time that she was there, she voluntarily went to the girls' parents. Despite the fact that she had been there for years, the spell that they had performed, that turned it into a maze, still made it impossible to know what directions to take.

Yet, she ran her way through it. When she heard this ringing sound, she flinched, until she realised that this meant that she would see them again. They would find her, not the other way around.

Seconds later she felt herself being transported to the room she dreaded most. She came face to face with a pair of ice cold eyes and a sour face.

'' Hello.'' She said politely, trying to make her seem big and untouchable, the opposite of what she was actually feeling.

The woman raised her thin eyebrow and pointed her wand at the girl. However, the girl did not cower away this time. She simply held one finger in the air as if to shush them.

'' I think there is something you must know.'' She said, with no tremble in her voice. The woman was about to screech and yell that she was not allowed to speak, or even make any sound for that matter, but the man interrupted her.

'' What is it?'' he sneered.

Loella was angry, and she had no intention of making it seem like the death of Carina did not matter, or disrespect her in any way. And before she had even said it, she knew it was a bad thing to do, it was cruel, but she wanted to hurt the elder people. She wanted to not only stab them with the news, but also twist the knife. To use the girl that was also dear to her, was not the way to do it, yet she couldn't contain herself.

'' Your daughter is dead.'' She spoke.

The way the face expressions of the two changed was drastic. '' She died with no one around her, isn't that sad?'' she pouted in a mocking way.