//news

Mia's POV

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

I awoke to sound of my alarm clock. Getting out of bed, I checked my calendar on the wall near the bed.

"You gotta be kidding me." I groaned.

Today was the day I was moving. In addition, summer was unfortunately coming to an end. I frowned.

"Mia! Breakfast!" My mom called from downstairs.

You could literally hear everything in this house. Hopefully that'll be one thing that changes after the move. I was moving to Chicago, Illinois because my mom ended up having to transfer in her job. I slipped a hoodie on because I was cold and some slippers, then made my way down the stairs.

"Mia, I said now!" My mom hollered.

"Can you shut the fuck up! I just woke up."

"I'm right here! My God mom."

"Don't be fresh. Eat!"

My mother explained to me that we were leaving around 6 o'clock tonight. All the boxes were packed except a box for my makeup and hair supplies. I was meticulous when it came to that. I dreaded leaving this place.

"Take a shower and get dressed. Today's the big day!"

My mom was ecstatic. This move was already making me feel perplexed and we haven't even started loading the moving truck yet.

"What time is the truck coming?" I questioned.

"Around ten."

"Joy!"

"Mom, do we have to move?"

"Yes sweetie. You know we have to."

"I really wish we could just stay here." I stuffed another bite of my pancake into my mouth.

"Besides Mia, I hear that Lake View is one of the best schools in the southside. Maybe you'll make some new friends."

"And leave all my old ones behind? Mom, we are not southside folks. I'm like really girly and there's tons of ghetto people down there."

"Not all people down there are hoodlums, and not all hoodlums are bad."

"Well, I don't want to be in the trashy area."

My mom's facial expression grew cross.

"Give it a try. I am aware that you are not used to living near the ghetto, but we're getting a decent looking house.

"Joy." I said sarcastically.

"Mia, seriously. Please accept that we have to do this or I could lose my job."

"I'm finished."

I took my plate over to the sink and washed it. My phone dinged from a notification. I checked the time.

9:05 a.m.

"Shoot!"

I walked back upstairs to pack more things before the movers came. This was going to be a long week. A very, very, overwhelming, tiring, expanded week. I can't believe I'm moving into ghetto town. I gathered up everything, panting like crazy when out of nowhere, came the familiar ringtone my phone gave off. It was my hyperactive best friend Emily.

"Hey what's up?" I asked through the phone.

"I'm coming over to say goodbye!" She screamed through the speaker.