Chapter 2

Casey snagged a blanket from the couch to place it over the other covers of blankets enveloping the chairs and then one more

Casey snagged a blanket from the couch to place it over the other covers of blankets enveloping the chairs and then one more. He stepped back to inspect how the fort looked. Usually, he'd wait until his girlfriend would arrive so they could build it together but he wanted to surprise her.

The chairs were wide apart so they could create a large amount of space. Multicolored blankets sheltered as a roof above their heads. The books he had on the shelves in the living room was used to secure the blankets from falling off. Everything was well-ordered.

The doorbell rang and Casey knew whom he was expecting. He walked to the front door and opened up, revealing his girlfriend. "Hey," she said.

Raquel tucked a strand of her long black wavy hair behind her ear. She gazed at him with her dark brown eyes, the eyes he was always drawn to as it glistened under her voluminous eyelashes. The black Strappy Camisole top she wore was showing off her bare arms. Her right arm displayed a Botanical Tattoo which included the Daisies, Forget Me Nots, and Gypsophila. The top coupled with a pair of faded blue denim shorts.

Just by seeing her, his smile gently brought onto his lips.

Casey stepped aside so Raquel could enter. He closed the door behind her and saw her took off her shoes near the shoe rack.

He left no hesitation as his arms wrapped around Raquel and pulled her in for a hug. Raquel wrapped her delicate hands around his back to return it. Her touch increased the level of endorphins which put him at ease. They haven't seen each other for a couple of days so he was glad for this.

Raquel pulled back from the hug a bit but her arms clutched onto his elbows. "Hey Casey."

"Hey. How's your day?" Casey asked softly.

"Tiring," Raquel answered, her saccharine voice sounding weary.

She leaned her head against his chest and her arms came back to wrap around him once again. Casey made small soothing circles on her back as he comforted her. He breathed in her scent which smell of sweet Jasmine, her signature scent.

"I miss you," she said.

"I miss you too," he said back to her.

When Casey met with Raquel's eyes, he lowered his head so their faces could draw closer. His lips then softly landed on hers to which she responded by kissing back, their eyes closing steadily. He held her waist close to him, tightly enough that his hands held on strong for she moved her arms up higher to catch a fast grip around his neck.

He loved the taste of her coralline-red lips that filled with such comfort. They stood holding each other with rapture and their skin ablaze. Raquel went into deepening the kiss and Casey made a slight grin. She had always been the audacious one, but he enjoyed it.

They pulled away from each other softly after another minute.

Raquel's head turned and she saw the setup of the fort. "You did not."