Chapter 12

Things changed a little bit

Things changed a little bit. Casey didn't feel like driving to a music store like they originally planned so instead they stayed at the campus. He didn't have until 5 pm for his last class. They had been sitting on the grass while leaning back on the short brick-like walls behind them. Snow wasn't alone with Casey this time. Kyle and Malloy joined them.

The area was calm and pleasing to the eye while they could watch the stones of the path for students walking by. Many trees surrounded them, and they picked out a spot in the shades. The student with the sunglasses in the distance was sitting on top of the brick stone and reading a sheet of paper held in his hands.

Snow thought this should be fine, and they could join in with her and Casey. This wasn't maybe a concept of "date," but it was more of getting to know the person from their preference. And this could be an open discussion, and maybe Casey would get around with that.

People's taste in music says a lot about a person.

"Wait, before we become a part of today of what it is that you're doing, keep us updated on your guys 'relationship.' " Kyle glanced between them.

Malloy nodded in agreement. "Yes, tell us. We only know you've gone out to some places here and there, but anything good to report back?"

Ah, yes. Sometimes after the dates, Snow texted them in their small group chat on how it went with Casey and what happened. She hadn't talked too deeply about her feelings yet, and just only the casual things. Like maybe if they have gotten along better.

She joined her hands and opened her mouth to speak. "I think we're doing okay so far."

Casey responded with an "I guess." She could never know if he meant what he said, or if there was actually something behind it that he wouldn't admit.

"How do you like our Snow?" Malloy asked, and his mouth curved up in a way that was amused.

"Our?" Casey said, asking this.

"Yeah, she's ours. We're a team of three, you know?" Kyle flicked his gaze at Snow and Malloy, and they gave him the same look back.

"You can't beat them," Snow said to Casey with a shrug.

"Okay. Well." He was stared at by the guys. "She's a really nice person, and had so far did her best to keep it simple."

"I told you once you get to know her better, you'll like her," Malloy said, a triumphant smile plastered on his face.

Snow feels the world shifted from Casey's words, which planted a seed inside her with a tiny bit of something positive. Not the nice part since she knows she was nice, but the part where he pointed out how simple her efforts were. It made it in a way that he didn't think she was pushing the time they spent together so far. She'd hoped he wouldn't think of her as someone who was desperate or someone who was trying to waste time. Maybe her efforts weren't futile.