Chapter 7

Good Morning

Good Morning. Casey woke up first thing and received a text from Snow. He had lain down in his bed under the comforts of his white duvet. The bedroom was darkened from his blinds shut, and everything around had been creeping with silhouettes. Only his phone shone brilliantly, and he was having to rub his tired eyes so he could text her good morning back.

The time was 8:01 am when he checked. She was quick with responses, suggesting him to make his way to campus now. Snow thought it'd be better if he could walk her there to her class. And the thing was, he's not an early riser and preferred to sleep in until he really had to go. His class didn't start until later, but hers was soon. He'd rather store his phone away and resume sleeping, but she would persuade him to go, even having to use a sad emoji.

What really had gotten to him was the please part. She really wanted him to come.

Despite his protests to stay inside, he forced himself to get up. He walked to the window to open the blinds, and abruptly, the sunlight entered his whole room brightening. The sun was blinding as it hit his face like it was attacking him, and he hurriedly shielded his eyes.

Ugh. He hated too much sun.

He was very slow-moving with the time he took before he left his house. The campus had some students strolling, and he searched for Snow. From checking out places everywhere along with benches and trees, soon, he'd found her waiting at the front of the building. Casey treaded to her, and when she saw him, she waved.

"Hi, you're here," Snow said with a faint smile.

"You've asked me to," Casey said, his tone dulled.

She brought her phone to view and looked at the screen. "It's 8:41 now." Her gaze turned back to him. "At least you came before I have to go."

The sun out here really came to question otherwise for him. "So you just want me to walk you to class?"

Snow nodded and took a step closer. "It's our first day as a couple, and I'd like having someone to walk to class with."

Casey stared at her, and her eyes looked at him innocently. She pursed her lips into a pout and then took his hand. "Can we?"

The way her voice sounded in a sugary tone, she was trying to coax him. He looked down at their hands, hers gently holding onto his, and it was something peculiar. Looking back at her, he yielded. "Fine."

Her face lit up, and she shyly smiled, leading him the way as they walked. "I'm nervous about the whole thing, but let's make it the best we could. We'll just act like our usual selves, hmm?"

"Only today I'll walk you this early, I prefer to have more hours to sleep in." Casey wouldn't have to do this if he didn't remember about the pact they made.

Snow sucked in one of her cheeks. "If you say so, but the other times we could. I'll walk you to your class as well."

"You don't have to."