Chapter 14

The fresh food they had just gotten from Wendy's was on their trays

The fresh food they had just gotten from Wendy's was on their trays. Snow sat across the table from Casey, who was ingesting the content of his Large Chicken sandwich, and she had her Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger. They saved their appetite up till now so they could eat out for lunch. She loved Wendy's, especially their frosty.

"Yum," Snow said after taking a bite of her burger.

Casey just looked blankly at her as her eyes were smiling. Even though they were doing something ordinary, he still didn't know how she managed to look more cheery than he has ever seen in a person. There was like a sparkle that floated by her head.

"How is your burger?" she asked him.

"It's fine," he replied.

"Hmmph." Snow tilted her head back, her gaze quizzical and lips forming into a pout. "Same Casey." Her expression changed quickly into an oh-well face. "You're not already tired of me, are you?"

"Tired?"

"Yeah, like," she said, then trying to put it into words she knows. "I've been making you do things, and I feel kind of annoying." Then she asked concernedly, "aren't I?"

It had felt so weird to say it out loud for her. Part of her was inquisitive about what he thought of all this, and part of her wasn't sure if she'd like to hear it. It's the eighth day, and they still had twenty-two days left until their relationship was over.

She hoped she wasn't doing anything to hurt him later if this was still a good idea. They were just helping each other, but why did she feel guilty in using him somehow?

"I wouldn't use the word tired," Casey commented.

"Then what would you use?" she wondered; he always looked mysterious to her that she just couldn't know how to dig into him and his mind.

His eyes embraced a studious look, looking towards her, and she saw how he's thinking deeply. Ultimately, he said, "You're something else."

Something else? The word echoed loudly in her head. "What do you mean?"

"You're unlike anybody I know. Like how do I say this?" He quickly stared off to space then back at her. "I don't think I met a girl this close who's hospitable. It's kind of... weird."

Snow's eyes shifted to something worried, but Casey quickly frantic waved with one hand. "I just... ahh, I'm not good at this. Um..."

She held her breath, anticipating what he'd come up with for her.

"I haven't thought about you much until we started talking a little more."

"Is that right?" Snow asked softly.

"Yeah," he stated then taking a bite of his sandwich.

Snow wasn't sure what that meant for her, but he didn't say that he was tired of her. As she stared at his face, he may look like his usual self, but then she remembered the first time she saw him miserable. It painted those raw emotions and something deep that she couldn't explain.