ch one || the set up

nick's pov

I get ready for this blind date that Austin and his girlfriend set me up on. I don't know who the girl is nor do I really care. I don't want to be rude or anything but this whole rebound shit is stupid. I'd much rather stay around in my sweat pants and yell at the Lakers game tonight.

All the boys are forcing me to go out, I guess they're tired of me moping around from my breakup with Alexys. It's been like... I don't know... 5 months and some change maybe. I lost track of the days.

I think I'm perfectly fine but the boys say I've changed. Zion suggested I should just "go out there" catch a rebound and I'll feel better. Which is bullshit? I think I'm doing perfectly fine. 

I finished getting dressed and looked at myself in the mirror one more time.

(his outfit)

I decided to keep it casual since we're going mini-golfing or something like that. I don't know, Austin planned the date. I spray some cologne on and walk out to the living room.

"Ayeeeee my boy lookin FRESH as HELL" Edwin yells from across the room making all the boys look at me and hype me up with him. "YOU ALREADY KNOW THE VIBESSSSSSSSSS. MY NIGGA NICK IS GONNA LIKE, GET IT." Zion chimed in. I laughed at their goofy selves. It made me feel better about having to go out tonight, hell, this might actually be fun. Austin's girl says she's gorgeous, so at least there's that.

"Man I hate you guys," I said playfully when they settled down.

"Yeah yeah yeah, hurry up you're going to be late picking her up," Austin said tossing my keys at me. The boys wish me good luck and hop in the car and drive to the address that was given to me. When I get there I go outside and knock on the front door. And I finally see her.

She was dressed so nice:

(your outfit)

"Hi," she said with the prettiest smile I've seen since... well anyways.

I realized it was taking me longer than a normal person to respond. I shook my head. "Oh... um... sorry Hi. I'm Nick." I said smiling back.

"I'm y/n."