ch four || morning after

Nick's pov

I came home early the next day and the boys were chillin in the kitchen making breakfast. When the door closed everyone turned around and saw me walk in, smiling like an idiot.

"Well won't you lookie here. Nicholas Mara pulling back up to the crib, THE NEXT MORNING." Zion said causing the rest of the boys to laugh and really stop what they were doing to focus their full attention on me.

"Look at Nick, walkin over here lookin smitten" Brandon said making me laugh and my cheeks go red from embarrassment... but in a good way? The boys kept going on and on until I finally said something.

"Fellas, you're burning breakfast," I said half laughing, which made the boys quickly realize and fix whatever was going on during their breakfast neglect. 

Austin walked over to me "You're welcome" He said with a big smile nudging me with his elbow. I just shook my head "you guys are nuts."

...

We all served ourselves and we were eating, talking about today's agenda. What we were doing, what has to get done, etc. 

We took a break from talking to eat and Austin spoke up "sooooo are you gonna tell us about your date orrrr?"

I laughed a little "A gentleman does not kiss and tell." I said pretending to zip my lips and throw away the key. Austin groaned and rolled his eyes "Like you never told us about your adventures before"

I shook my head laughing. The reality is I didn't really want to say anything because I didn't what them to see y/n like that. 

"Well, are you gonna take her out again?" Edwin chimed in raising his eyebrows. 

I shrug my shoulders, I didn't want to get too excited about her. Nothing is ever a sure thing. But she did make feel things other than frustration and sadness for the first time in a while. "I don't know yet, but she cool," I said simply while digging back into my breakfast. The boy's kinda rolled their eyes and kinda gave me an "okay buddy" look as if they didn't believe me and continued eating, dropping the subject. 

...

I went about my day, we had a writing sesh today so I didn't really pay attention to my phone all day which is rare as hell. We went to go eat and I finally got on my phone and saw a text from her.